Grades: K-12 | 82 students
- Our mission at Sappo School is to strategically create an atmosphere that promotes academic excellence through an individualized approach to learning.
- Full potential is realized by identifying and developing the social, emotional and academic systems of each individual.
- Sappo School provides the students an academically invigorating environment which allows them to explore learning and embrace challenges with confidence.
- We believe in shaping the members of our global society into citizens of the world who are able to face the future with strength of character and human purpose. SHAPE Strategies support the Educative Holism philosophy that is based on our Brain Work Program.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Styles differentiation, Giftedness, Anxiety, Dyslexia or Mild Disabilities|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Uniform Requires: Khaki pants and Polo Shirt with Sappo Logo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||*Tuition varies according to grade and program*|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michael Sauer, Director|
|Admissions Associate||Rebecca Gehrkin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Basketball Intramural, Instrument Lessons, Peer Tutoring and Mentorship Committee, Photography Club, SAT Prep: Math & English, Student Government, Vocal Lessons, Yearbook Committee Art Club, Vocal Lessons, Basketball Intramural,
Peer Tutoring and Mentorship Committee,
SAT Prep: Math & English,
- Sappo School receives public accolades for the ability to raise the level of learning for all students as an innovative Regents school. The faculty is trained through an active research department to address individuality discovered through Learning Style and Personality Type Assessments. Parents form an organization that works closely with the faculty. Our Metholdology includes
- Academic rigor with individual supports
- 10/5 Program for Attention Span Improvement
- 4:1 Commendation-Criticism Ratio for Positive Regard
- Brain Work research and application
- Career Assessments
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint JamesGrades: 6-12 | 126 students
541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
West IslipGrades: 9-12 | 1706 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
SmithtownGrades: PK-6 | 280 students
211 Brooksite Drive
Smithtown, NY 11787
Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
PatchogueGrades: PK-12 | 51 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
The Sappo School has been a safe haven for my son that has anxiety and ADD. The teachers and all faculty are patient, understanding, and truly wonderful. This school has changed my son's outlook on education and school in general. Sappo School has changed our lives as a family 100 fold. The daily stress of just getting to school is gone and our days are peaceful as a result.
- Posted by Parent - starl
My granddaughter attended Sappo School an graduated from there. Being free from all negative distractions, her grades went right back to where they once were-all A's. She left knowing who she was and how her own learning style could benefit her through Sappo's Brain Work program. I represent my entire family when I say that this advanced school program should set the pattern for other schools to follow. Thank you, Sappo!
- Posted by Parent - Rosec
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.