Grades: PK-K | 17 students
- At School Of The New Moon, we provide an extended family atmosphere where cooperation and mutual support are stressed.
- From a background of the Montessori Method and the British Integrated Day Program, we are concerned with the ethical, mental, emotional and physical development of each child.
- By providing skills for each child's emotional and social progress, the child becomes more capable of interacting with his environment and learning from his experience.
- The curriculum includes Language Arts, Math, Science, Geography, Social Studies, Music, Art and Drama.
- Each year we study a different country and immerse ourselves in the music, dress, natural resources, foods, customs, language, holidays and art of that culture.
- The children are encouraged to create their own dramatic productions which they present to their classmates in our "Little Theater," a separate building.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||17 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed School Of The New Moon also viewed these schools: Mountain Laurel Waldorf School.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.