|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||36% (IN School Avg.: 16%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Track and Field,
Our graduates are:
- Confident, independent, and intrinsically motivated.
- Respectful, responsible, and socially collaborative.
- Critical, creative, and abstract thinkers.
- Academic achievers who manage time and work efficiently.
- Compassionate leaders who are prepared for future success.
- They have a passion for learning, cultural awareness, and a commitment to service.
Mishawaka Covenant Christian School
(Christian)1 mi | 99 students | Gr. K-9
Granger Calvary Christian School
(Pentecostal)1.5 mi | 28 students | Gr. K-6
South Bend Growing Kids Learning Center
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.6 mi | 180 students | Gr. NS-PK
Granger Peace Lutheran School
(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)2 mi | 21 students | Gr. 2-9
Mishawaka First Baptist Christian School
(Baptist)2.2 mi | 121 students | Gr. PK-12 1 Review
- July 03, 2013 - We have a son who graduated from TMA and two daughters enrolled in the elementary program. Our children have thrived here. My son has scored highly on academic tests for high school and will be in the honors program- he is well-prepared. There are two teachers in every room, a challenging curriculum individually tailored to each child, and children work at their own pace. The community is composed of excellent, dedicated teachers (some have been here over twenty years,) and involved families- there are many fun events where we can gather and get to know each other. International Festival highlights our diverse community and is one of the best events of the year. The school has an award winning design, including a full gymnasium with stage. My kids have loved being part of the sports programs. We highly recommend TMA. - Posted by Parent
- May 01, 2012 - We have a four year old in the preschool and a 2 year old in the toddler program. Our experience has been exceptional. The children absolutely love going to school, they enjoy their teachers, the work they do and they are very proud of what they learn. We find the facilities to be very clean and child friendly, in every aspect, down to the small size toilets in their preschool building. Their teachers are all friendly, respectful and experienced. There is a real sense of community within the school, and families are given many opportunities to be involved with the school. We highly recommend this school and are proud to be a part of the TMA family! - Posted by Parent