|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Reading & Math disabilites|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||13% (KS School Avg.: 18%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||40%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on the parish membership of the family and the number of students a family enrolls. Although the admissions deadline is stated as May 1, enrollment is accepted up until a class is considered full.|
|Admissions Director||Anita Lemmon|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- In alignment with the mission of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas Schools, we strive to infuse our Catholic faith in every academic subject. In addition to our religious education curriculum we incorporate Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (a Montessori-based faith formation program)in PK-3rd grades, social justice initiates and service projects.
- Holy Cross employs 28 teachers in the elementary school and 5 teachers in the early education center (preschool). Our staff qualifications include two full-time learning specialists, 50% of the staff with 15 or more years of teaching experience, 40% of the staff with Masters degrees, licensed couselor, school nurse, before and after care coordinator and a summer program coordinator.
- Academic Excellence is a high priority for the faculty and staff and as a result our school has excelled receiving the 2007 Building Standard of Excellence award from the State of Kansas in reading, math and writing.
- Additional programs include music, art, PE, technology instruction (wireless laptop technologhy), library, Spanish, and federal school lunch program.
- Enrichment Activities include: Kindergarten bell choir, Battle of the Books, Mathletics, Science Olympiad, Quiz Bowl, grades 5-8 band, Jr. High bell and vocal choirs, grades 3-8 Parish CYO Sports (see sports listing).
Overland Park Brookridge Day School
Overland Park Bethany Lutheran School
(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)1.3 mi | 235 students | Gr. NS-8 3 Reviews
Overland Park Mt. Olive Lutheran School
(Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)1.3 mi | 29 students | Gr. K-9
Overland Park Childrens Village Child Care
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.5 mi | 30 students | Gr. PK-NS
Overland Park Mastin Street KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.7 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK