Grades: PK-8 | 188 students
Graduating from Kindergarten is just as special as 8th grade graduation. Throughout the years, your child will be nurtured spiritually and academically - equipped to be a responsible, effective Christian for life!
At Hope Lutheran School your child will enjoy a Christian education in a caring atmosphere.
Here your child will be nurtured spiritually and academically, equipped to be a responsible, effective Christian for life.
'Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it' Proverbs 22:6
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||188 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants and polos)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,463|
|Tuition Notes||2014-2015 First Funds Program for new Kindergarten & First Grade Families, Subsidized Tuition, Member and Non-Member Rates, Discounts for Multiple Children|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4H Club, Band, Choir, Math Club, Melodrama, Robotics - First Lego League, Scouts Programs 4H Club, Band, Choir, Math Club, Melodrama, Robotics - First Lego League,
- Educating the Whole Child!
- Spiritual Growth: 1st Priority - To share the love of Christ / Christian approach to all we do / Daily devotions and religion classes / Weekly chapel services / Christmas Programs / Empowering and equipping students and their families to share Christ
- Academic Growth: Christ-centered education / Committed eo excellence / Fully accredited / Kansas Standard of Excellence / Classroom aides / Full-time, licensed teachers - average 12 years experience / Computer lab with high-speed filtered internet / Class size limited to 25 students / All day Kindergarten (optional) / 2 and 3 day Preschool
- Physical Growth: Interscholastic athletics / Sports start in 4th grade / Full-size gymnasium / Boys and girls locker rooms
- Spiritual Growth: Safe environment / On-site before and after school child care facilities / Afternoon kindergarten enrichment / Co-curricular activities
- Artistic Growth: Art / Band / Choir / Melodrama / Spanish
- Community Growth: Harvesters Community Food Network of Kansas City / Stony Point - KCK School helping children with special needs / Operation Christmas Child / Weekly chapel offering for missions / Sing at nursing homes
- Parental Growth: Parent-Teacher Leauge (PTL) / Annual Benefit Auction / Booster Club / Volunteer-run Hot Lunch Program / Scouts Programs / Moms In Touch International / All Pro Dad's Day / Moms of Preschoolers (MOPS)
Profile last updated: 08/27/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
6350 Long Ave.
Shawnee, KS 66216
ShawneeGrades: K-8 | 528 students
11505 Johnson Dr
Shawnee, KS 66203
ShawneeGrades: K-7 | 19 students
7230 Quivira Rd
Shawnee, KS 66216
ShawneeGrades: K-8 | 327 students
12800 W 75th St
Shawnee, KS 66216
ShawneeGrades: PK-12 | 550 students
6826 Lackman Road
Shawnee, KS 66217
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.