Grades: PK-12 | 332 students
Ridgewood has Grades PreK through 12, with a Before and After School Care Program. We are organized as a primary school, middle school, and high school.
Ridgewood has an "Open House Daily" policy and invites you to come see us in action! Please call (504) 835-2545 for an appointment. You may also call to obtain a school brochure with more information.
Ridgewood is attended by students from all over the New Orleans metropolitan area. Our students come from six parishes and have one thing in common, the desire to be in a good strong school.
Ridgewood's 4-acre campus includes air-conditioned classroom buildings, a gymnasium-auditorium, a fully equipped computer room, science laboratory, art studio, library, band room, seminar room, lunch room, and more than an acre of open play area.
Ridgewood's library is an exciting, vibrant place, a center of activity. All grades participate in library instruction and enjoy the stimulating atmosphere. The library holds 17,000 volumes!
Ridgewood students are involved in many sports activities and have the opportunity to take band, speech, and individual instruction in piano and string instrument (guitar and violin).
Ridgewood provides a total education. We accomplish this with enthusiastic professionals, a comfortable and private campus environment, and a traditional, well-grounded approach to education.
Ridgewood encourages participation in a variety of activities that help prepare students for life's challenges. Our students are the best part of our entire Golden Eagles family!
Ridgewood Prep School Grades PreK-12.
Now registering new students for the 2015-2016 school session.
Space is limited so apply today. (504) 835-2545 Ridgewood was founded in 1948 and is located on four acres in Metairie, LA (within the New Orleans metro area).
We are approved by the State Department of Education and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI).
Ridgewood attracts students from the entire New Orleans metropolitan area, six parishes, and many nations around the world.
Our diverse cultural setting promotes awareness, respect and enhances the social development of our students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||332 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Chemistry, Fine Arts Survey, Physical Science, Physics, Western Civilization,|
|Average SAT score||1080|
|Average ACT score||23|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Boys- folded collar shirt, Girls- modest, No message clothing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition averages: Primary school- $5,400; Middle school- $5,800; High school- $6,300 for the year.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Susan Schenken|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||12 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Beta Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Fellowship of Christian Students, Key Club, Library Club, Peer Helpers, School Newspaper, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Yearbook Band, Beta Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Key Club, Library Club, Peer Helpers, Yearbook, Fellowship of Christian Students,
- Ridgewood Prep School has grades Pre-Kindergarten through 12, and a Before and After School Care Program. Ridgewood was founded in 1948 and is located on four acres in Metairie, LA (within the New Orleans metro area). We are approved by the State Department of Education and accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS CASI).
- Ridgewood is a small school with many of the offerings found in larger schools. We are dedicated to a single mission: preparing students for higher education. We accomplish this with enthusiastic professionals, a comfortable and private campus environment, and a traditional, well-grounded approach to education. Each child's education is provided in a safe and caring environment. Our faculty focuses on fulfillment of goals like growth in intellectual skills; awareness of physical and social environments; deepened appreciation of aesthetics, philosophy, and religion; and responsible participation in home, school, and community.
- We are organized as a primary school, middle school, and high school. The school year consists of two semesters, each divided into three grading periods. Our philosophy is to provide a total education to help form the complete individual. We offer a challenging curriculum in a comfortable and caring environment that helps students become academically prepared and strong in character.
- Ridgewood attracts students from the entire New Orleans metropolitan area, six parishes, and many nations around the world. Our diverse cultural setting promotes awareness, respect and enhances the social development of our students.
- Please visit our website to learn more about us at ridgewoodprep.com.
Profile last updated: 05/10/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 793 students
3900 Derbigny St
Metairie, LA 70001
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 300 students
1801 Division Street
Metairie, LA 70001
MetairieGrades: PK-7 | 422 students
4901 W Metairie Avenue
Metairie, LA 70001
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 513 students
225 Green Acres Rd.
Metairie, LA 70003
MetairieGrades: 8-12 | 677 students
1901 Severn Ave
Metairie, LA 70001
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.