Grades: K-8 | 167 students
The philosophy of St. Mary's School of Piscataway is to foster the development of the whole child as a person in a Christ-centered environment.
We focus on five developmental dimensions of the whole person: spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional and physical.
Recognizing the parent as the primary educator of the child, this educational community promotes a spirit of caring, joy and cooperation among those involved with the education of the child.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||167 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St. Mary's School of Piscataway is a Roman Catholic, parish, elementary school serving students in Pre-kindergarten through 8th grade. We recognize that a child's educational experience is a partnership between the home and school to promote the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of each child. Our mission is:
- to teach the message of Jesus Christ through prayer, word, and example;
- to promote self-esteem, moral and spiritual values enabling students to reach full awareness of their God-given talents;
- to build, within a parish setting, a strong community based on Christian faith and service;
- to provide a structured and enriched educational program in an atmosphere that empowers students to achieve their potential as children of God who impact the local and global community. This process is enhanced by parents, staff, teachers, and administrators whose lives are modeled on Gospel values as they teach, serve and build community as Jesus did.
- St. Mary's School of Piscataway is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. We operated under the direction of the Archdiocese of Washington, DC.
Profile last updated: 01/20/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ClintonGrades: K-9 | 29 students
13103 Jervis St
Clinton, MD 20735
Fort WashingtonGrades: NS-PK
10925 Indian Head Highway
Fort Washington, MD 20744
AccokeekGrades: 7-12 | 19 students
501 Bryan Point Rd
Accokeek, MD 20607
WaldorfGrades: PK-KG | 41 students
10045 Bunker Hill Rd
Waldorf, MD 20603
Fort WashingtonGrades: PK-K | 27 students
9400 Old Palmer Road
Fort Washington, MD 20744
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.