|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based|
|Total Students||300 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||8% (MA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(collared shirt and khaki pants)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$48,200|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Orsini Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is recognized as a leader in the field of language-based learning disabilities.
- Individualized instruction and remediation, daily 1:1 tutorials, teacher/student ratio of 1:3.
- Emphasizing language & learning skills.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living & learning environment.
- Recreation, competitive athletics, performing arts, visual & practical arts, technology, clubs, community service and extracurricular activities.
- Summer Programs for students grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with hands-on, outdoor activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark School's mission is to enable and empower people with language-based learning disabilities to realize their educational and social potential through an exemplary school program complemented by outreach, training, and research.
Profile last updated: 04/10/2013
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. 6-12 | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.4 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.7 mi. away