|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Independent Private Schools Association
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 2 - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based Learning Disability|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||4%
State avg.: 25%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants and collared shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$49,200|
|Admissions Director||Carolyn Orsini Nelson|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is a coeducational boarding and day school with elementary, middle, and college preparatory high school programs for students with language-based learning disabilities (LBLD).
- Our students are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn and possess average to superior intelligence.
- With a teacher/student ratio of 1:3, Landmark emphasizes daily one-to-one tutorials and an individualized approach to teaching. We focus on skill acquisition and achievement and 92% of Landmark graduates go on to college.
- Students enjoy competitive athletics, performing arts, visual and practical arts, technology electives, clubs and community service.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living and learning environment.
- Summer programs for students in grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with recreational and hands-on activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark is a pioneer in the field of LBLD.
- Landmark's mission includes an extensive Outreach Program of Professional Development courses, workshops and publications for educators, administrators, clinicians and parents.
Profile last updated: 08/07/2013
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Manchester By The SeaTara Montessori School
62 School St
Manchester By The Sea, MA 01944
(978)526-8487Montessori School0.1 mi | 22 students | Gr. PK-KG
One Brookwood Road
Manchester, MA 01944
(978)526-45001.5 mi | 403 students | Gr. PK-8
BeverlyGlen Urquhart School
74 Hart St
Beverly, MA 01915
(978)927-10642.6 mi | 215 students | Gr. KG-8
BeverlyCape Ann Waldorf School
701 Cabot St.
Beverly, MA 01915
(978)927-8811Special Program Emphasis2.9 mi | 144 students | Gr. NS-8
Prides CrossingLandmark School
429 Hale St Box 227
Prides Crossing, MA 01965
(978)236-3000Special Education School3.2 mi | 300 students | Gr. 9-12