Grades: NS - 8 | 154 students
Lesley Ellis serves children in Preschool (2.9) to Grade 8 in a welcoming, diverse independent school community.
Lesley Ellis offers outstanding, innovative academic programs for Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle School students which emphasize critical thinking.
We value what makes our children unique, and we encourage them to apply their own talents and passions to their learning.
Our community is centered on the values of mutual respect and global citizenship.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||30%
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,010|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood Tuition starting at $10,860 depending on individual schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid||24%|
|Admissions Director||Tricia Moran|
|Admissions Associate||Ellen Andrick|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, SoccerCross Country, Soccer,
- Accreditations: Lesley Ellis is accredited by the Association of Independent Schools in New England and the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Philosophy: Independent elementary school. Individualized, developmental teaching practice with strong academics and an award-winning anti-bias curriculum
- Teachers: 33 teachers; 26 have advanced degrees; 90 percent have 5 or more years of experience. Several teachers are affiliated with graduate schools of education.
- Specialists: Music, reading, Spanish, library, physical education, art, theater
- Features: Experiential learning incorporating regular field trips. Multi-age classrooms in elementary and middle school programs. Spanish beginning in Preschool. Music, physical education and middle school athletics. Early drop-off available at 8:00 a.m. Afterschool program until 5:30 p.m. Vacation program. Summer program.
- Hometowns: Arlington, Belmont, Boston, Cambridge, Lexington, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Somerville, Watertown, Winchester, and surrounding areas.
- Resources: Large, sunlit classrooms in the former Gibbs School building in Arlington. Over 7,000 sq. feet of flexible space for art, music, Spanish, and special events and performances. Two outside play areas. Computer lab; extensive children's library collection. Regular use of gymnasium and performing arts theater; regular use of community and greater Boston resources.
- Application deadline is January 15. Rolling admission is available after that date. When there are more eligible applicants than there are available spaces at any particular grade level, Lesley Ellis uses a lottery system to achieve a full measure of fairness and inclusiveness.
Profile last updated: 09/30/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ArlingtonGrades: 1-12 | 148 students
34 Winter St
Arlington, MA 02474
ArlingtonGrades: PK-8 | 323 students
39 Medford Street
Arlington, MA 02474
ArlingtonGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
16 Medford St
Arlington, MA 02474
ArlingtonGrades: NS-K | 81 students
17 Irving Street
Arlington, MA 02476
CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 639 students
45 Matignon Road
Cambridge, MA 02140
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.