Lesley Ellis School
|School Membership(s)||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 6|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||30% (MA School Avg.: 23%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,775|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood Tuition: $9,858-$15,935 depending on individual schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid||17%|
|Admissions Director||Tricia Moran|
|Admissions Associate||Barb Wilder-Smith|
- Accreditations: Lesley Ellis is accredited by the Association of Independent Schools in New England and the National Association of Independent Schools.
- Philosophy: Independent elementary school. Individualized, developmental teaching practice with strong academics and an award-winning anti-bias curriculum
- Teachers: 33 teachers; 26 have advanced degrees; 90 percent have 5 or more years of experience. Several teachers are affiliated with graduate schools of education.
- Specialists: Music, reading, Spanish, library, physical education, art
- Features: Experiential learning incorporating regular field trips. Multi-age classrooms in elementary program. Spanish beginning in Preschool. Music, art, library, and physical education. Early drop-off available at 8:00 a.m. Afterschool program until 5:30 p.m. Vacation program. Summer program.
- Hometowns: Arlington, Belmont, Boston, Cambridge, Lexington, Malden, Medford, Melrose, Somerville, Watertown, Winchester, and surrounding areas.
- Resources: Large, sunlit classrooms in the former Gibbs School building in Arlington. Over 7,000 sq. feet of flexible space for art, music, Spanish, and special events and performances. Two outside play areas. Computer lab; extensive children's library collection. Regular use of gymnasium and performing arts theater; regular use of community and greater Boston resources.
- Application deadline is January 15. Rolling admission is available after that date. When there are more eligible applicants than there are available spaces at any particular grade level, Lesley Ellis uses a lottery system to achieve a full measure of fairness and inclusiveness.
Profile last updated: 10/01/2012
Related School Videos:
Lesley Ellis School - Arts Block Animation Project
2 months ago
Bare Necessities - 1/2 Chorus
22 days ago
Body Percussion - 1/2 Purple
4 months ago
Related School News:
- School zone signs, taxis, bike checks: Arlington selectmen notes - The Arlington Advocate
posted on May 18, 2013 at 11:23:17 am
School zone signs, taxis, bike checks: Arlington selectmen notesThe Arlington AdvocateLesley Ellis School Nurse Jennifer Saulnier has asked the town to install two signs ...
- Arlington's Leslie Ellis School announces grades expansion
posted on July 18, 2011 at 09:27:29 pm
Lesley Ellis School will open its doors to its first sixth grade class this ...
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-6 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-K | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 0.9 mi. away
- May 18,2013 - We have had a wonderful experience at Lesley Ellis. The teachers and administrators are so talented and caring. It is a great group of parents accomplished in the arts and non profit institutions. Small classes, lots of enrichment offerings. Highly recommended.*-Posted by Parent *
- December 11,2012 - Our family has been so happy at Lesley Ellis. The faculty are dedicated, talented and really know the children as individuals. The innovative curriculum is challenging yet fun and the students are being well prepared to be life-long learners and responsible, caring members of society.*-Posted by Parent *