|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||2%
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, English Literature, Physics, US Government|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Boys: collared shirts, no jeans, kippot and tzitzit; Girls: skirts or dresses, modest sleeves)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Maimonides School's tuition has always been among the lowest of Boston's Jewish Day Schools, a direct result of the efforts of our Board of Directors to maintain affordability for all families who wish their children to receive a Maimonides education.|
|Admissions Director||Tamara Kesselman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chesed Committee, Drama Club, Girls' Chorus (Kol Isha), Israeli Action Committee, Jazz Band, Literary Magazine (Current), Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, Student Council, Student Newspaper (Spectrum), Student Torah Journal (Mayim Achronim), Yearbook (HaLapid) Drama Club, Jazz Band, Math Team, Mock Trial, Model UN, Chesed Committee,
Girls' Chorus (Kol Isha),
Israeli Action Committee,
Literary Magazine (Current),
Student Newspaper (Spectrum),
Student Torah Journal (Mayim Achronim),
Maimonides School's mission is to produce religiously observant, educated Jews who will remain faithful to religious beliefs, values, and practices as they take their place as contributing members of general society. Maimonides provides students with both an outstanding religious education and an excellent college preparatory general education in an atmosphere that reinforces their commitment to the values of Torah and to the observance of mitzvot, and that fosters a strong sense of identification with the State of Israel.
- Torah and mitzvot—the study and practice of Halachah—are the quintessential core of Judaism, and they must be taught in an honest, sophisticated and challenging manner.
- Torah study is enriched by our understanding of science, philosophy, literature, art and music, which in turn is enhanced and enlightened by the teachings of Torah.
- The School must provide an all-encompassing religious atmosphere in
which the observance of Halachah in the totality of its ethical and
ritual components is central.
- To expose our students to the beauty of the Jewish tradition and the power and profundity of the Jewish faith.
- To encourage our students to strive for moral and spiritual excellence.
- To provide our students with the finest possible general studies education so that they can continue their academic training in the colleges and universities of their choice.
- To ensure that families from all sectors of the Jewish community seeking to give their children an intensive Jewish education are welcome in our school.
- To produce graduates who will become respected and contributing members of the Jewish and general communities.
- To forge in our students a spiritual bond and sense of identification with the State of Israel.
- To imbue our students with an attitude of respect toward one's fellow man (k'vod habriot) and love of one's fellow Jew (ahavat Yisrael).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Brookline67 Harvard St
Brookline, MA 02445
(617)566-7184(Roman Catholic)0.7 mi | Gr. K-8 | 254 students
Brookline11 Williston Rd
Brookline, MA 02445
(617)731-3196(Jewish)0.8 mi | Gr. PK-8 | 230 students
Brookline171 Goddard Avenue
Brookline, MA 02445
(617)277-24561 mi | Gr. PK-9 | 562 students
Jamaica Plain161 S Huntington Ave
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
(617)264-5349Special Education School (Non-sectarian)1 mi | Gr. 2-9 | 21 students
Roxbury Crossing53 Parker Hill Ave
Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120
(617)232-8390Special Education School1.1 mi | Gr. 1-10 | 78 students