|School Membership(s)||Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||591 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||2% (MA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(Boys: collared shirts, no jeans, kippot and tzitzit; Girls: skirts or dresses, modest sleeves)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Maimonides School's tuition has always been among the lowest of Boston's Jewish Day Schools, a direct result of the efforts of our Board of Directors to maintain affordability for all families who wish their children to receive a Maimonides education.|
|Admissions Director||Tamara Kesselman|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||13 extracurriculars|
|Chesed Committee||Drama Club|
|Girls' Chorus (Kol Isha)||Israeli Action Committee|
|Jazz Band||Literary Magazine (Current)|
|Math Team||Mock Trial|
|Model UN||Student Council|
|Student Newspaper (Spectrum)||Student Torah Journal (Mayim Achronim)|
- Maimonides School's mission is to produce religiously observant, educated Jews who will remain faithful to religious beliefs, values, and practices as they take their place as contributing members of general society. Maimonides provides students with both an outstanding religious education and an excellent college preparatory general education in an atmosphere that reinforces their commitment to the values of Torah and to the observance of mitzvot, and that fosters a strong sense of identification with the State of Israel. Our Philosophy:
- Torah and mitzvot—the study and practice of Halachah—are the quintessential core of Judaism, and they must be taught in an honest, sophisticated and challenging manner.
- Torah study is enriched by our understanding of science, philosophy, literature, art and music, which in turn is enhanced and enlightened by the teachings of Torah.
- The School must provide an all-encompassing religious atmosphere in which the observance of Halachah in the totality of its ethical and ritual components is central. Our Goals:
- To expose our students to the beauty of the Jewish tradition and the power and profundity of the Jewish faith.
- To encourage our students to strive for moral and spiritual excellence.
- To provide our students with the finest possible general studies education so that they can continue their academic training in the colleges and universities of their choice.
- To ensure that families from all sectors of the Jewish community seeking to give their children an intensive Jewish education are welcome in our school.
- To produce graduates who will become respected and contributing members of the Jewish and general communities.
- To forge in our students a spiritual bond and sense of identification with the State of Israel.
- To imbue our students with an attitude of respect toward one's fellow man (k'vod habriot) and love of one's fellow Jew (ahavat Yisrael).
Profile last updated: 07/03/2012
Related School Videos:
Maimonides School at Job Fair FORUM Boston
8 months ago
Maimonides School 2009 Mock Trial Controversy
3 years ago
WebYeshiva and the Maimonides School Shiur
3 years ago
Purim 2008, Maimonides School 7
4 years ago
Related School News:
- Achdut by Sandy, or Achdut by Love? - Jewish Action
posted on March 4, 2013 at 03:06:39 pm
AdweekAchdut by Sandy, or Achdut by Love?Jewish ActionHelp came from groups across the spectrum?new linens and kugel from the Satmar community of Williamsburg; much-needed generators and flashlights from ...
- Arlington High students take stand in mock trials - Wicked Local
posted on March 2, 2013 at 04:00:57 pm
Arlington High students take stand in mock trialsWicked Local"At first it was really nerve-wracking." On top of that, AHS's first match at Brookline ...
- Alge breaks 1000-point mark for Maimonides School - Wicked Local
posted on February 14, 2013 at 12:58:59 pm
Alge breaks 1000-point mark for Maimonides SchoolWicked LocalMaimonides School junior Michal Alge became the school's first female basketball player to ...
Gr. K-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. PK-9 | 1 mi. away
Gr. 2-9 | 1 mi. away