Grades: K - 9 | 314 students
St. Charles School was founded and first opened in 1884 by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur with a staff of twelve Sisters and is currently staffed by dedicated and committed lay teachers. We are sponsored by St. Charles Borromeo Parish and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. We serve children grades Pre-School through Eight. We welcome new transfer students and those interested in full day kindergarten. The lay faculty members of St. Charles School, in the tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame, aim to uphold and instill the principles of Catholic education as outlined by St. Julie Billiart, the foundress of Notre Dame, who first staffed St. Charles School. The administrators, faculty, and staff profess, therefore, to affirm and develop according to his/her potential, the whole child spiritually, academically, and socially.