Assumption Of The Bvm Elementary School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||61% (CA School Avg.: 43%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||94%|
|Average Class Size||34 students|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(Formal uniform dress code on special days.)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,960|
|Tuition Notes||Tiered tuition based on number of students per family and on Supporting Parishioner status at Parish Church.|
|% on Financial Aid||7%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$905|
|Admissions Director||Nelly Velez|
|Admissions Associate||Arlene GiaVerdi|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Track and Field||Volleyball|
|Total Extracurriculars||10 extracurriculars|
|Academic Competitions||Altar Servers|
|Boy and Girl Scouts||Certificate of Merit Program|
|Piano and Drama lessons||Student Council|
- PHILOSOPHY We believe that:
- - Catholic schools exist to integrate faith, life, and culture.
- - Parents are the first, most important educators, and that their beliefs, values and actions are the primary and strongest influence on children’s lives.
- - The function of elementary education is to build a strong foundation of basic skills, work habits, and character development in preparation for higher education and for life.
- - Students learn best in an atmosphere of loving acceptance of their unique God- given qualities.
- - Students must work hard to do their best, and must strive to develop their full potential as Christian members of their community.
- - A Catholic education leads students to be academic achievers, good citizens, Christ-centered, and true stewards of God’s creation.
- Therefore, we educate our students to be:
- SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
- Faithful Disciples who:
- - Pray, participate in Sunday Mass, and receive the sacraments.
- - Know the Gospel message, and the beliefs and traditions of their faith.
- - Serve others, work for social justice, and participate in the faith community. Responsible Citizens who:
- - Respect themselves, others, and God’s creation.
- - Love their country, exercise their rights, and fulfill their responsibilities.
- - Are globally aware, sensitive to diversity, and seek justice for all. Motivated Learners who:
- - Are self-disciplined and self-reliant.
- - Are confident in their ability to set realistic goals.
Gr. K-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. PK-Nursery/Preschool | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 0.9 mi. away