Grades: K-8 | 309 students
The Rashi School graduates accomplished and engaged students with a strong sense of self and Jewish identity who understand their obligation to make a difference in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Rashi is committed to having an economically diverse student population. Rashi grants financial aid awards totaling about $1.4M or about 30% of the student enrollment.|
|Admissions Director||Adrienne Frechter|
|Admissions Associate||Adrien Uretsky|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Animation, Chess, Choir, Drama, Fencing, Flute, Guitar, Jam Band, Karate, Lego Engineering, Mandarin, Nature Explorers, Piano, Science and Engineering Club, Sports Mania, Study Hall, Voice, Yoga, Zumba Animation, Chess, Choir, Drama, Fencing, Flute, Guitar, Jam Band, Karate, Mandarin, Piano, Sports Mania, Study Hall, Voice, Yoga, Zumba, Lego Engineering,
Science and Engineering Club,
- Located on a 162-acre wooded campus on the Charles River, Rashi attracts students from areas surrounding Boston, Jamaica Plain, Wellesley, Newton, and Needham. Our 300 students from Kindergarten through 8th grade benefit from a warm, academically challenging, and values-rich environment that cultivates commitment and respect for learning in the classroom and outside.
- The Rashi interdisciplinary curriculum weaves Jewish studies seamlessly with secular learning, integrating material from varied subjects through the school day. Rashi teachers are adept at differentiating their instruction, designing lessons around students’ readiness, interests and learning profiles.
- Rashi’s dedication to Social Justice extends from classroom curricula into all-school projects, individual initiatives, and community partnerships.
- Rashi shares a campus with NewBridge on the Charles, a multi-generational village where Rashi students’ and NewBridge residents’ lives intersect and enrich each other.
- Rashi, the Boston area’s Reform Jewish K-8 Independent School, is a diverse community welcoming interfaith families.
- Transportation by bus is available.
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NeedhamGrades: 7-12 | 356 students
1191 Greendale Avenue
Needham, MA 02492
DedhamGrades: 7-12 | 613 students
10 Campus Drive
Dedham, MA 02026
NeedhamGrades: PK-KG | 21 students
754 Greendale Ave
Needham, MA 02492
DedhamGrades: PK-K | 28 students
1100 High Street
Dedham, MA 02026
Newton CenterGrades: 6-12 | 12 students
90 Wells Ave
Newton Center, MA 02459
Rental Market Monitor
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.