|School Membership(s)||National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 5 - 12|
|Total Students||429 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||26% (MA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||75%|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Average SAT score||1424|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,250|
|% on Financial Aid||21%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,043|
|Admissions Director||Pamela Parks McLaurin|
|Admissions Associate||Jennifer Toon|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Field Hockey||Ice Hockey|
|Tennis||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||24 extracurriculars|
|Amnesty International||Art Clubs|
|Choral Groups||Community Service|
|Current Events Club||Debate|
|French, Spanish, Latin clubs||Gay, Bisexual, Straight Alliance|
|Human Relations Forum||Interfaith Fellowship|
|Literary Magazines||Math Clubs|
|Mock Trial||Model United Nations|
|Student Councils||Technology Club|
- Winsor is set on a seven-acre campus in Boston, and makes frequent use of the city's resources. Facilities include a recently renovated library with 27,000 volumes plus access to 850 periodicals; a multi-media language lab; three computer labs; three art studios; seven science laboratories; acres of playing fields; tennis courts, and a renovated gymnasium.
- The Lower School comprises grades 5 through 8. In this supportive environment, teachers foster natural curiosity through active, hands-on lessons.
- The Upper School is an energetic learning community of ninth through twelfth graders. The faculty stretches girls to think logically, creatively, and compassionately and to take increasing responsibility for their own learning.
- At all levels, students enjoy dedicated, caring teachers who know their subjects intimately.
- Beyond the classroom, clubs, the arts, and sports offer ways for girls to explore interests. Winsor offers teams in 13 sports and has more than 30 clubs. Girls approach extracurriculars passionately, and have won national honors in debate, engineering, and choral competitions.
- Girls also work with boys from Belmont Hill and Roxbury Latin schools on coordinated drama, music, and newspaper activities.
- The majority of students go on to attend the nation's most selective colleges and universities. An experienced College Counselor guides and supports girls through the process. In the last five years, students' most common college choices were Harvard, Brown, Stanford, Colby, Bowdoin, Penn, and Yale.
Profile last updated: 04/17/2012
Related School Videos:
Winsor School, Lord Nelson Mass - Kyrie 3/3/13
1 month ago
The Winsor School Varsity Softball Team 2012
10 months ago
2009 HOCR Womens Youth 8+ #21 Winsor School
3 years ago
Related School News:
- Winsor School celebrates groundbreaking of modern addition - Boston.com
posted on May 28, 2013 at 06:10:49 pm
Winsor School celebrates groundbreaking of modern additionBoston.comThe Winsor School is set to begin work on an expansion project that creates performing arts, ...
- Greens Farms Academy sports roundup - Westport-News
posted on May 20, 2013 at 05:54:46 pm
Greens Farms Academy sports roundupWestport-NewsThe Dragons defeated Canterbury School (New Milford) in the quarterfinals and Winsor School (Boston) ...
- Sports Digest - Press Herald
posted on April 30, 2013 at 04:05:19 am
Sports DigestPress HeraldSOFTBALL: Taylor Lyman hit a two-run homer and Sammi Marden collected two hits for Berwick Academy (4-3) in ...
Gr. 5-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-1 | 0.1 mi. away
Gr. 6-12 | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. 8-12 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 0.6 mi. away