We are Academically Strong
- 90% of our graduates attend college
- Meet the admission requirements for the UC system (approved candidate for accreditation ACSI/WASC)
We are Biblically Sound!
- Christ-centered in all we do
- Biblically integrated curriculum
We are a Safe Place!
- Physically, Emotionally, Spiritually
We are Dedicated!
- Our teachers really care about your student!
- Offer a full program … arts, sports, field trips, etc.
- We are a Partner with Christian Families!
- Represented from over 30 churches in the valley
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||270 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact the school for a list of tuition and fees.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Baptist Christian School starts with God’s Word as both its standard and final authority. In fact the Bible, which is both inspired and inerrant, serves as the basis for our philosophy. We unashamedly believe, teach and practice a literal interpretation of God’s Word. That means that we look at all issues of life through the lens of Scripture. If the Bible says it, then it is true! For example, this begins with a literal view of the Creation account which includes the definition of marriage as a lifelong, faithful union between one man and one woman.
Baptist Christian School is Christ-centered. That flows right out of our mission statement: “Passionately pursuing Christ by providing families with a Christ-centered education.” This permeates all aspects of BCS, but is especially evident in our biblically integrated curriculum. All truth is God’s truth and therefore all that is taught brings glory to Christ. Jesus taught us in the “Great Commission” to go, make disciples, and then instruct the new disciples to follow His commandments. That is what we desire to accomplish at BCS. Each student will hear the gospel message. Each student will be taught the commandments of Jesus. Each student will be taught to go and tell others the gospel message.
Baptist Christian School partners with families. Scripture is clear that it is the parent’s responsibility to train (educate) their children in a way that is clearly biblical and God honoring. Ideally, we provide a Christian education to students who are from Christian families who desire their children to be educated based on a biblical worldview. We are committed to fostering both a high academic standard as well as teaching biblical values, thus facilitating academic and spiritual growth.
Our faculty and staff all give testimony of placing their trust in Christ alone for salvation. Being a ministry of First Baptist Church means that the faculty and staff share a unity in doctrine and fellowship. Our teachers view their role as a calling to ministry, and not just a job. There is a genuine camaraderie amongst our staff which is reflected in the way they nurture the students who are entrusted to them. Even though we are a ministry of First Baptist Church, we have students from over 30 different area churches represented in our student body.
Baptist Christian School is a safe place. Safe physically, safe emotionally and safe spiritually. In other words, BCS fosters a protected environment … in a good sense. This is due to the biblical values that we operate under and live by. The Scripture teaches us that by nature we are sinners, yet also tells us that when one is redeemed by Christ they receive a new nature. The Scripture is also clear that the believer battles with the flesh – the struggle with doing what pleases God versus serving ourselves (sin). Realizing this, our system of instruction and training is built upon the goal of each student becoming Christ-like in all areas of their life. Our expectation is that students will live by the biblical standard.
Profile last updated: 08/31/2012
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Hemet St. John S Lutheran School
26410 Columbia Street
Hemet , CA , 92544
(951)925-7756(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)0.6 mi | 271 students | Gr. PK-8
HemetTrinity Lutheran Church Early Childhood Dev Ctr
191 S Columbia St
Hemet , CA , 92544
(951)658-2838Early Childhood / Day Cares (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA))0.6 mi | 75 students | Gr. K
HemetHumc Welcome School
530 S Buena Vista St
Hemet , CA , 92543
(951)658-5757Early Childhood / Day Cares (Methodist)0.8 mi | 9 students | Gr. K
HemetBridges Child Development Center
500 N State St
Hemet , CA , 92543
825 S Gilbert St
Hemet , CA , 92543
(951)925-8967(Baptist)1.4 mi | 52 students | Gr. K-9
- February 28, 2012 - BCS provides a great curriculum and environment for students. I am a parent of four children who attend BCS ranging from grades 1st to 9th. In the two years we have had our children at BCS I have been more than blessed. I am very fortunate to have been introduced to this school. - Posted by Parent
- February 28, 2012 - I have three daughters that have attended BCS for the past 11 years. This is an amazing school, I love how the teachers care about each individual student. The staff is amazing. The other thing that we love is all the different electives and activities that the school offer! - Posted by Parent
- February 28, 2012 - Excellent Academics, Godly Instruction, Safe Environment. *93% of Students go onto College *WASC Accredited *Small Class Size *Higher than average SAT scores *Higher than average CST scores *Excellent Athletics Program *Superior Drama/Performing Arts Program/Music *Daily Bible Lessons *Affordable Average Priced Tuition. Highly recommended to any parent looking to place their son or daughter in a Biblically sound, Academically strong and Securely safe environment. - Posted by Parent