Beaverdam Christian School
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Religious Affiliation||Christian (no specific denomination)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||63 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||4% (MI School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||33%|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,143|
|Tuition Notes||Beaverdam Christian School offers a discount on tuition for two or more children enrolled at BCS from a family. Tuition for two students is $9828. Three students is $12285. Four students is $14128.|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
Beaverdam offers multi-age classrooms. What are the benefits?
- Allows for flexibility in the grouping of the children according to need, ability, or interest, not just age.
- Yearly transition from one grade to another is minimized, teacher has a group of children who are used to the ways of the classroom and newcomers absorb them as the olders show them the way.
- Student/teacher/parent relationship builds over two or more years.
- Olders (oldest students in the class) benefit as they provide leadership and responisibility.
- Youngers (youngest students in the class) benefit as they are stimulated by the olders.
- Children gain a broader social experience with increased opportunities to lead or follow, to collaborate, and to make stable peer relationships.
- Multi-age is a true reflection of how God created His world- the children are being prepared to service God's multi-age kingdom.
Profile last updated: 01/18/2012
Related School Videos:
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 3.1 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 3.7 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 3.8 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 4.6 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 4.7 mi. away
- January 19,2012 - We are very happy with the multi-age focus of the school! Our child is advanced in reading and is able to be taught at the level at which she will learn. Our other child struggles a bit with math and is able to be taught where his abilities are. We are very blessed to be a part of Beaverdam Christian School!*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - This school was an answer to many prayers. I am thrilled with the school. My daughter receives a wonderful, loving, safe Christian education, while experiencing the abundance of personal attention that I desired for her. I would absolutely recommend this school to others.*-Posted by Parent *