|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 6|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||45%|
|Average Class Size||30 students|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Brenda Siuniak|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||5 extracurriculars|
- The Key Components of a Montessori Program
- Focusing on the Big Picture: Children need to understand or view the whole before they learn the details.
- "Sensitive" or "Critical" periods: The goal of Montessori education is to perfectly match the appropriate instruction to the individual child's "sensitive" period for acquiring a particular skill.
- Encouraging Independence: As children are drawn to particular materials during their sensitive periods, the Montessori-trained teacher provides direct instruction. After that, the child is then free to work with the materials independently.
- Mixed age groups: Montessori programs consist of a mix of ages in a classroom allowing children to observe older learners working with challenging advanced materials and, in turn, allowing older children to serve as mentors and guides to the younger children.
- Promoting the "Spirit of the Teacher" and the "Spirit of the Child": Teachers are viewed as the living models to the children and children are afforded the same dignity and respect as adults.
- Creating Full Family and Communtiy Partnerships: Montessori programs celebrate the individual in the context of the community.
- Inspiring Peace: Dr. Montessori believed that proper education and empowerment of children would lead to a generation that can truly engender a peaceful society.
Gr. K-6 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 1.7 mi. away