St Monica School
|School Membership(s)||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 9|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||11% (MI School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition calculation based upon most recent Federal Tax Return's Adjusted Gross Income, and family's membership at one of the participating parishes of the Catholic Schools of Greater Kalamazoo.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Football||Track and Field|
|Total Extracurriculars||7 extracurriculars|
|Destination Imagination||Girls on Track|
|Girls on the Run||Math Counts|
- Philosohpy Statements
- We believe each child will be provided a challenging academic Catholic education based in Catholic doctrine, academic knowledge, and life experience.
- We believe children are instilled with responsibility, self-sufficiency, and teamwork with respect for self and others.
- We believe service to Church and community is recognized as the duty of all, grounded deeply in a relationship with God.
- We believe the growth and development of the whole child is accomplished in a nurturing Catholic environment and is sustained by an active partnership of devoted families, dedicated staff, and supportive parishes.
- We believe there is a need to balance the scope of core curricular offerings with specials classes such as art, physical education, library, computers, music and hands on science.
- We believe in maintaining financial sustainability by being fiscally responsible with our budget.
- We believe the curriculum offered prepares children for the future and inspires a life of service to others.
Gr. K-9 | 0 mi. away
Gr. 9-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.2 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. 7-9 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 2 mi. away
- February 17,2013 - I am very pleased with the education my children are receiving in the safe, supportive environment offered by St. Monica School. The school creates a family feeling between teachers and students across grade levels. I cannot value enought the ability to teach and model and practice Christian values and Catholic teachings on a daily basis. My children are developing their faith as they become successful, confident learners.*-Posted by Parent *