St Valentine Catholic Elementary School
|School Membership(s)||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 9|
|Total Students||198 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||11% (MI School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Classroom dress code||Formal|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Applications for tuition assistance available|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||6 extracurriculars|
|Boy Scouts||Chess Club|
|Girl Scouts||Math Counts|
|National Junior Honor Society||Student Council|
- St. Valentine School was established in 1952. The school is located on Hope Street in Redford, Michigan.
- The mission of St. Valentine Catholic School is to provide a faith-filled education through the teachings of the Gospels in partnership with family, parish, and community.
- All of our faculty, staff, students, and school families are commited to this mission.
- Our school belief in the potential and god given talents of all children has led us to base all of our teaching on our mission and philosophy.
- The philosophy of St. Valentine School is to provide a Catholic Christian environment that empowers each student in his/her spiritual and academic growth. Academic excellence, social justice, and respect for the unique God-given talents and gifts of each child are nurtured in an atmosphere of love, understanding, peace, and safety through… •
- Nurturing the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social, and physical growth of each child. •
- Providing an atmosphere of open communications between student, teacher, and parents. •
- Creating an environment in which positive attitudes toward life that demonstrates respect for each child’s unique needs. •
- Guiding each child toward the freedom of choice which recognizes the value of self-discipline and personal responsibility. •
- Helping students learn their role as Catholic Christians in society. •
- Teaching students to work for peace and justice in their school, home, and community.
- St. Valentine School has a strong Catholic based curriculum provided in a nurturing caring environment.
- The school is fully accredited with highly qualified teachers in grades Pre-K through Eight.
- St. Valentine teachers have a wealth of teaching experience.
- The school’s core curriculum meets and often exceeds Michigan Standards and Benchmarks.
- In addition to core curriculm the school offers music, art, physical education, computers, library, and Spanish for each child.
- The students benefit from many extra curricular activities and service programs that are offered through the school, parish, and community.
Gr. K-9 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.7 mi. away
Gr. 5-12 | 2.1 mi. away
Gr. K | 2.2 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 2.3 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 2.5 mi. away