Grades: 9-12 | 135 students
Lutheran High School is located in the southern part of Kansas City, MO. The community surrounding the school is a high-income residential area.
Lutheran High School of Kansas City, a parochial secondary school, currently enrolls approximately 135 students in grades 9-12.
Lutheran High School of Kansas City prepares lives for today, tommorow and eternity.
Lutheran High School is accredited by AdvancEd (formerly the North Central Association of Secondary Schools), Missouri Non-Public Accreditation and National Lutheran School Accreditation.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus, Dual Credit Calculus, Dual Credit Composition, Dual Credit Economics, Dual Credit English, Dual Credit Expository Writing,|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Dress Attire, no blue jeans)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Aug. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,450|
|Tuition Notes||Association Church Students pay a discounted rate|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Dr.Cary Stelmachowicz|
|Admissions Associate||Paula Meier|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Book Club, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Drama, National Honor Society, Student Council Art Club, Book Club, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Drama, National Honor Society,
The reasons listed below, and more, make up a Christ-centered environment for instruction that prepares our students for today, tomorrow, and ETERNITY. ·
- Fully accredited by AdvancEd Accreditation, National Lutheran School Accreditation.
- American College Tests taken by all students, with graduating classes scoring on average between 24 and 25. (National Average – 20; Missouri Average – 21; Kansas Average - 21.9 )·
- Certificated Teaching faculty instructing in subjects of certification.·
- 10 to 1 student teacher ratio.·
- 100% graduation rate.·
- 100% of the class of 2015 matriculated to a college or university.·
- 95% of the student body takes part in at least one extracurricular activity or sport.·
- 29-acre park-like campus located in one of the regions safest neighborhoods.·
- State-of-the-art Science Laboratory.·
- Dual credit classes with University of Central Missouri and Concordia University, Nebraska.
- High quality Fine Arts Program which includes Digital Photography, Graphic Design, Music Instruction, and Drama.·
- Four years of faith development as part of daily instruction.·
- Fully equipped theater for fine arts productions and concerts.·
- Full gymnasium for indoor interscholastic competitions.·
- Full lunch program at reasonable prices.·
- Growing student body with space to expand.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Kansas CityGrades: K-6 | 80 students
12501 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64145
Kansas CityGrades: PK-8 | 633 students
11800 Holmes Rd
Kansas City, MO 64131
Kansas CityGrades: PK-K | 60 students
11430 Wornall Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
Kansas CityGrades: NS-12 | 614 students
11511 State Line Rd
Kansas City, MO 64114
Kansas CityGrades: 6-12 | 43 students
421 E 137th St
Kansas City, MO 64145
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.