Chesterfield Montessori School
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)||Association Montessori Internationale (AMI)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||45% (MO School Avg.: 20%)|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||100%|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||14%|
|Admissions Director||Anita Chastain|
|Admissions Associate||Lise Riet|
|Total Extracurriculars||7 extracurriculars|
|Chess Club||French Immersion|
|Girl Scouts||Lego Club|
|Music Class for 3-6 years||Soccer|
|The Young Musician Private Piano Lessons|
Founded in 1981, Chesterfield Montessori School currently offers authentic Montessori programs from toddlers (age 16 months) through Grade 8.
CMS is accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and the Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS), as well as a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and the Independent Schools of St. Louis (ISSL). The school is situated on a five-acre campus in Chesterfield, with an architectural award-winning building, playgrounds, a swimming pool, two tennis courts and a children's garden. All of our beautifully sunlit classrooms are well-organized and equipped with the full spectrum of learning materials scientifically developed by Dr. Maria Montessori, designed to challenge and stimulate our students.
Drawn from many countries and diverse backgrounds, CMS students develop a strong sense of responsibility, community and compassion for others. Our highly educated teachers work with each child individually and in small groups to ensure that each child is guided, challenged and nurtured in a way that best serves their overall academic, social and emotional needs. At CMS, our goal is to give each child a passion for learning and success for life.
Most importantly, Montessori educators recognize Chesterfield Montessori School as one of the finest schools in the United States. Please visit CMS’ website for more information: http://www.chesterfieldmontessori.org.
Profile last updated: 01/17/2012
Related School Videos:
COCA360 Community Day
2 years ago
Related School News:
- Chesterfield Montessori School is Going Screen-Free April 28-May 5
posted on April 29, 2013 at 02:36:41 pm
Chesterfield Montessori School will join thousands of schools, libraries, and community groups nationwide in a coordinated effort to encourage millions of Americans to turn off televisions, computers, and video games for seven days and turn on the world around them. Screen-Free Week is a chance for children to read, play, think, create, be more physically active, and to spend more time with friends and family. "Screen-Free Week is a much needed respite from the screen media dominating the lives of so many children," said Anita Chastain, Head of Chesterfield Montessori School. "Now, more than ever, it's imperative that we help children discover the joys of life beyond ...
- Montessori school to launch adolescent program
posted on March 9, 2011 at 07:47:34 am
Chesterfield Montessori School will begin an ...
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-6 | 1 mi. away
Gr. 10-12 | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.3 mi. away
- April 09,2012 - You will not believe the flame for learning that is sparked within your child. My children feel confident and comfortable because of the learning environment that CMS creates!*-Posted by Parent *
- February 28,2012 - I have 2 daughters who attend CMS and it has been a wonderful experience to see them develop their independence and personalities from the first day they started at CMS. The teachers and staff foster an amazing environment to make learning fun and a lifelong skill. The small community is perfect for individual attention and close interaction with all the other families. I can't imagine my kids at any other school!*-Posted by Parent *
- January 28,2012 - I have 2 children who attend CMS, and I could not be more satisfied with the education they are receiving. My children are very different in their personalities and their learning style, but they are receiving such individual attention from their teachers that they are both succeeding academically and socially. I also love that they are interacting with students from such a wide range of backgrounds, and being expose to so many different cultures and languages. The small school environment means that most families interact on a regular basis. We all know each other and our children.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - This is my daughter's second year at Chesterfield Montessori School, and it is hard to express how much we love this school. The respect that is given and taught to each child is beyond compare. We have found the teachers and staff truly care about the children and work diligently to develop the whole child, hand in hand with the parents.*-Posted by Parent *
- January 19,2012 - We highly recommend Chesterfield Montessori School. Our children have attended there for the past eight years and absolutely love learning! Their teachers are very dedicated, caring, intelligent, and creative professionals. Their Montessori methods have helped all four of our children truly bloom as independent learners. They also appreciate that they can participate in the wonderful variety of after school programs now available. Chesterfield Montessori School is a gorgeous, clean facility with such a serene environment that is so conducive to learning. We are truly grateful that we have CMS from preschool all the way to eighth grade!*-Posted by Parent *