Grades: NS-12 | 809 students
This year LMCA looks a little different! Summer landscape projects, a facelift and the remodel of the LM Cafe!
LMCafe Now proudly serving Peets Coffee. Newly remodeled, stop by for lunch or a coffee. We are open to the public.
LMCA was one of first schools to implement a 1-to-1 laptop program at the high school level in Nevada. In 2008, we added the program to middle school. We believe that technology, as a tool, has the ability to drastically change teaching and learning, and when coupled with... student laptops (available 24/7), our students are empowered for their future.
One of the many great things about LMCA is the opportunity for all siblings to attend school together till they graduate. LMCA offers newborn - 12th grade.
The secondary students of Lake Mead Christian Academy are given the opportunity each year to put their Christian training into practice in a mission trip context. This year our students will work and minister in over 10 cities all around the world. We believe mission trips further the educational and spiritual goals for our students. Each trip proves to be
Lake Mead Christian Academy offers excellent education that is distinctively Christian to students as young as six-weeks old up to 12th grade.
We offer a competative athletic program as well as foreign language, fine arts, technology and local and global outreach programs.
LMCA started its Apple 1-to-1 Program in 2007 and was one of the first schools to implement a 1-to-1 laptop program at the high school level in Nevada.
In 2008, we added the program to middle school.
We believe that technology, as a tool, has the ability to drastically change teaching and learning, and when coupled with students having laptops (available 24/7), our students are empowered for their future.
In addition, our preschool and elementary have consistent access to iPads.
ABOUT US: LMCA began with 24 students and 4 staff members in 1989.
We are the first and oldest kindergarten through 12th grade private school in Henderson.
The founding administrator, Mrs. Sue Blakeley, continues to lead the Lake Mead Christian Ministries team.
Combined with many long-term staff members, the LMCM family contribute on a daily basis to the accomplishment of our mission and core values.
Lake Mead Christian Ministries exist to make disciples of Jesus Christ through education and community.
Our vision is to glorify God as we join Him in developing Christ-centered individuals with godly character. Core Values: Love Safety Quality Accessibility
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||809 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Full Year - can be paid in monthly installments K5 - 5th Grade $5,935 6th - 8th Grade $6,865 9th - 12th Grade $7,565 Child Care Rates Nursery: $180 per week PK2: $150 per week (2 years old on or before the first day of school)|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jaimee Thomason|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Community Service, Disaster Relief, Drama Department, Global Outreach, Music Lessons, Student Government Music Lessons, Community Service,
- Lake Mead Christian Academy provides education and child care for infants through 12th grade. Our 2014/2015 enrollment is 650 students.Each year a high percentage (ranging 88-98%) of LMCA's graduating seniors go on to enter colleges. A strong number qualify for scholarship opportunities. This is impresive when you consider that LMCA does not pretest students to qualify for admission. Our student base represents students of many ability levels. LMCA admits students of any race, color, nationality, and ethnic origin.
- Organizational Affiliations:
- Lake Mead Christian Academy is a private Christian school overseen by a Board of Directors. We are registered as a Nevada corporation. We are recognized as a private exempt school by the Nevada Department of Education assuring that each grade level completed or credit earned is fully transferable. LMCA is a long-term member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). We are members of the Nevada Interscholastic Athletic Association (NIAA) Division AA for high school sports and members in other leagues for elementary and junior high sports. We are members of the Henderson Chamber of Commerce and actively participate in community events.
- In 1995, LMCA was the grateful recipient of 5.6 acres of land by the LandWell Company. Two major building projects fully built out the campus with over 60,000 square feet of permanent buildings which include over 40 classrooms and offices, along with a commercial cafeteria, full service coffee shop, gymnasium and maintenance building. Spiritual Life LMCA is a non-denominational school with over 50 different area churches represented among our families and staff. Biblical principles are the foundation for all subjects taught at LMCA. All students attend daily Bible classes and weekly chapel services. We use the English Standard Version Bible for our Bible classes. We are now in the process of expanding our North campus. This will include a football field, gymnasium, MPR and add classrooms for 7-12th grade students.
- Technology 1 to 1 Apple Computer Program (6-12)
- Fine Arts (1-12)
- Community Service Opportunities (1-12)
- Global Outreach and Training (1-12)
- Athletics (5-12) Student Government (6-12)
- Distance Learning Classes (4-12)
- Biblical Worldview (All grades)
Profile last updated: 07/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HendersonGrades: PK-12 | 38 students
Po Box 530910
Henderson, NV 89053
HendersonGrades: PK-K | 147 students
1310 West Warm Springs Road
Henderson, NV 89014
HendersonGrades: PK-1 | 118 students
1551 W Warm Springs Rd
Henderson, WV 89014
HendersonGrades: PK-KG | 150 students
1640 Patrick Ln
Henderson, NV 89014
HendersonGrades: NS-8 | 310 students
1401 Amador Lane
Henderson, NV 89012
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.