Grades: 3-12 | 52 students
Learning Skills Academy is a private, non-profit day-school located on the New Hampshire seacoast serving students in grades three through twelve, ages 8 to 21.
We are a small, close-knit community of thirty-three faculty, most with multiple educational certifications, and up to fifty-two students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and non-verbal learning disabilities; speech and language impairments; other health impairments; dyslexia; dysgraphia; dyscalculia|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$42,419|
|Tuition Notes||Rate is set by the state of NH|
|Admissions Director||Karen E. Staines|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Girls on Track, Martial Arts, Social Hour Girls on Track, Martial Arts, Social Hour,|
- Our mission is to ignite the educational potential of students - grades 3 through 12 - with language and learning difference so that they may succeed in school, college and career.
- Each year, the curriculum is presented through the prism of a school-wide and year-long theme. Our themes include: The Art and Science of Communication, which blending physical science and early western civilization, From Evolution to Revolution, blending biology and american history, and currrently Faces of the Earth, including world cultures and earth science.
- Language-based instruction is used in all classes and students spend as much time as they require in our Language Lab. Individualized programs facilitate development of decoding, encoding, fluency, comprehension, visualization, and phoneme segmentation skills.
- Our five Speech and Language Pathologists, two Intervention Coordinators, Occupational Therapist and Counselor provide individual and group therapies, as appropriate.
- Friday schedules alternate between field studies which enrich the classroom curriculum and Adventurelore, an outdoor adventure-based counseling program that develops self-confidence and group cooperation skills.
Profile last updated: 07/22/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RyeGrades: PK-K | 115 students
Po Box 372
Rye, NH 03870
StrathamGrades: 1-8 | 228 students
146 High St
Stratham, NH 03885
72 Mirona Rd.
Portsmouth, NH 03801
RyeGrades: PK-KG | 53 students
80 Sagamore Rd
Rye, NH 03870
HamptonGrades: PK-KG | 50 students
52 High Street
Hampton, NH 03842
Rental Market Monitor
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.