|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Council for Exceptional Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3 - 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and non-verbal learning disabilities; speech and language impairments; other health impairments; dyslexia; dysgraphia; dyscalculia|
|Total Students||49 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||80%|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$40,770|
|Tuition Notes||Rate is set by the state of NH|
|Admissions Director||Karen E. Staines|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Cooking, Girls on Track, Lego Robotics, Martial Arts, Social Hour, Yoga and Meditation Art, Cooking, Girls on Track, Lego Robotics, Martial Arts, Social Hour, Yoga and Meditation,
- Our mission is to enrich the lives of students by igniting and nurturing individuals' academic, social, and emotional potentials in a dynamic community which honors divergent learning styles.
- Each year, the curriculum is presented through the prism of a school-wide and year-long theme. Our themes include: The Art and Science of Communication, which blending physical science and early western civilization, From Evolution to Revolution, blending biology and american history, and currrently Faces of the Earth, including world cultures and earth science.
- Language-based instruction is used in all classes and students spend as much time as they require in our Language Lab. Individualized programs facilitate development of decoding, encoding, fluency, comprehension, visualization, and phoneme segmentation skills.
- Our three Speech and Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapist and Counselor provide individual and group therapies, as appropriate.
- Friday schedules alternate between field studies which enrich the classroom curriculum and Adventurelore, an outdoor adventure-based counseling program that develops self-confidence and group cooperation skills.
Profile last updated: 04/15/2013
Rye Rye Country Day School
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.9 mi | 140 students | Gr. K
Stratham Cornerstone School
Montessori School3.4 mi | 228 students | Gr. 1-8
Portsmouth Portsmouth KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares3.4 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
Rye Childrens House Montessori School
Montessori School4 mi | 61 students | Gr. NS-PK
Hampton Cecily Larson's Montessori School
Montessori School4.6 mi | 50 students | Gr. PK-KG