Grades: 3 - 12 | 52 students
Learning Skills Academy is a private, non-profit day-school located on the New Hampshire seacoast serving students in grades three through twelve, ages 8 to 21.
We are a small, close-knit community of thirty-three faculty, most with multiple educational certifications, and up to fifty-two students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
Other special emphasis association(s)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Grades Offered||Grades 3 - 12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based and non-verbal learning disabilities; speech and language impairments; other health impairments; dyslexia; dysgraphia; dyscalculia|
|Total Students||52 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||75%|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$42,419|
|Tuition Notes||Rate is set by the state of NH|
|Admissions Director||Karen E. Staines|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Girls on Track, Martial Arts, Social Hour Girls on Track, Martial Arts, Social Hour,|
- Our mission is to ignite the educational potential of students - grades 3 through 12 - with language and learning difference so that they may succeed in school, college and career.
- Each year, the curriculum is presented through the prism of a school-wide and year-long theme. Our themes include: The Art and Science of Communication, which blending physical science and early western civilization, From Evolution to Revolution, blending biology and american history, and currrently Faces of the Earth, including world cultures and earth science.
- Language-based instruction is used in all classes and students spend as much time as they require in our Language Lab. Individualized programs facilitate development of decoding, encoding, fluency, comprehension, visualization, and phoneme segmentation skills.
- Our five Speech and Language Pathologists, two Intervention Coordinators, Occupational Therapist and Counselor provide individual and group therapies, as appropriate.
- Friday schedules alternate between field studies which enrich the classroom curriculum and Adventurelore, an outdoor adventure-based counseling program that develops self-confidence and group cooperation skills.
Profile last updated: 07/22/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RyeGrades: PK-K | 115 students
Po Box 372
Rye, NH 03870
StrathamGrades: 1-8 | 228 students
146 High St
Stratham, NH 03885
RyeGrades: PK-KG | 53 students
80 Sagamore Rd
Rye, NH 03870
HamptonGrades: PK-KG | 50 students
52 High Street
Hampton, NH 03842
HamptonGrades: PK-KG | 43 students
70 High Street
Hampton, NH 03842
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.