Grades: NS-K | 107 students
Children's Growing Center (CGC) is a non-profit, church related school where children (ages 0-6) learn through planned and emergent play experiences.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Appropriate for play and messiness!)
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Varies, see website for current tuition rates.|
- Children’s Growing Center (CGC) is a licensed, church-related school serving the families of San Diego and centrally located in Mission Valley.
- During the first five years of life, a person forms a basic pattern of life skills. We provide a high-quality program that fosters each child's development during these important years.
- The development of the “whole child” is essential. Our educational program emphasizes physical, emotional, social, cognitive and spiritual growth, which is planned and implemented by our quality staff.
- We believe in the importance of an educationally–developed environment to facilitate a child’s ability to investigate, explore, and experiment. Play is the medium through which learning takes place.
- In working together with each family, we help to meet every child’s needs and to further their understanding of the learning process. We work closely with parents to help children learn more easily and to reinforce concepts, social skills, creative expression, and feelings of self-worth. We help parents appreciate the value of play.
- Since we work closely with families, we rely on and appreciate parental time, talent, and volunteer commitment for school/classroom events and fundraising efforts.
- AGES and CLASS SIZE
- The Children’s Growing Center (CGC) serves children 0—6 in classrooms from Infant to Kindergarten. Our program includes infant (0-18 months) with a 1:4 teacher/child ratio; toddler (18—30 months) with a 1:6 ratio; preschool (2 1/2—4 years) and Kindergarten (5—6 years) with a 1:12 ratio.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San DiegoGrades: PK-K
2111 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108
San DiegoGrades: 2-12 | 141 students
2255 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
San DiegoGrades: 9-12 | 725 students
4860 Oregon Street
San Diego, CA 92116
San DiegoGrades: 1-12 | 40 students
4027 Normal Street
San Diego, CA 92103
San DiegoGrades: PK-12 | 203 students
3051 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92104
Rental Market Monitor
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.