Friends Academy Of Westampton
|School Membership(s)||Friends Council on Education (FCE)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 9|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||70% (NJ School Avg.: 34%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,250|
|% on Financial Aid||18%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,235|
|Total Extracurriculars||10 extracurriculars|
|Chorus - Middle School||Cub Scouts|
|Drama Club - Middle School||Girl Scouts (Brownie & Junior)|
|Literary Club and Magazine - Middle School||Quarterly Clubs based on student interest (examples: Medieval Times, Scrapbooking, Fishing, Needlework, Fitness, etc)|
|School-Wide Community Service Projects||Science Club - Lower and Middle Schools|
|Sports Club - Middle School||Yearbook - Middle School|
- Founded in 1983 as Rancocas Friends Academy, our school began with a kindergarten class of only 14 students. Friends Academy has since grown to serve 189 students in pre-school through 8th grade.
- Friends Academy of Westampton recently built a new, 15-acre campus bordered by beautiful woods and farm fields conveniently located off of Route 295.
- In addition to its rigorous academics, our curriculum includes: Art, Computer Instruction, Foreign Language ~ French and Spanish, Health, Music, Physical Education, and Quaker Studies.
- Our values-based curriculum also includes Meeting for Worship, which entails a weekly, school-wide gathering for a reflective period of silence in the Quaker tradition.
- We are proud to have our parents as active members of our school community. Whether it's through membership in our Parent-Teacher Organization, reading and volunteering in the classroom, or joining the Development Committee, Friends Academy parents support our school, its students, teachers and activities.
- Our mission at Friends Academy is to maintain a dynamic, educational community that:
- provides an academic program that will challenge each student to achieve his/her highest potential;
- offers children a values-based education espousing the Friend's testimonies of equality, harmony, simplicity, community and stewardship;
- recognizes and nurtures each child as a unique and constantly growing individual with his/her own special gifts;
- provides an affordable education to a population that is economically and culturally diverse.
Related School Videos:
World Water Monitoring Day in Batsto
1 year ago.
Gr. K-9 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-K | 2.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 2.8 mi. away
Gr. K | 2.9 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 3 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 3 mi. away