|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Total Students||241 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||20% (NJ School Avg.: 29%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(clean and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes door-to-door transportation, books and supplies.|
|Admissions Director||Charlotte Schatzow|
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Villapiano|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Award Winning Student Newspaper, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Edible School Yard Cooking Elective, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga Art, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga, Award Winning Student Newspaper,
Edible School Yard Cooking Elective,
- Seashore is the only school that offers an entire campus for preschool and another for pre-kindergarten with bright classrooms, computer and science labs, indoor heated pools, gyms, state of the art gymmastics equipment and playgrounds.
- Our Full-Day Kindergarten includes extras most schools do not offer at this level like foreign language, hands-on experiments in our science lab, computer lab, year-round swim lessons and an advanced reading program with proven results. By mid year most children read on their own and by the end of the year can recognize nearly 1,000 words.
- In addition to a strong academic curriculum, aspiring young actors can take drama, dance and singing lessons needed to put on professionally produced full-scale productions. As part of their program they go to Broadway plays and take workshops with stars in the shows they see.
- Seashore offers an award winning education. We were the only middle school in the USA to win a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and 2011, 2012 and 2013 Silver Medals from judges at the Ivy League's Graduate School of Journalism for the student newspaper Seashore Student Views. Students also won a Peoples Choice Award in the Save The Jersey Shore Art Contest, have taken first in the Marine Academcy of Science and Technology Middle School Tournaments and are consistently recognized for achievement by Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth and The White House.
- Seashore teams break records and make it to the Playoffs. The Sharks won the 2013 Salvation Army Red Kettle Classic, bringing home the trophy the third year in a row. The 2013 track team sent a record number to the All Star Meet.
- In addition to its exceptional education, Seashore offers a wholesome, family environment free of the typical middle school experimenting that can derail lives. Students develop close friendships with children who are so focused on athletics, the arts and hobbies ranging from horseback riding to fencing, dance, singing, community and professional theater and competitive skating that veering off course is not even on their radar.
- Seashore graduates consistently gain acceptance to the high schools of their choice including top ranked Biotech, High Tech, MAST, Communications, Allied, CBA and Red Bank Regional High School's Specialized Academies.
- For parents convenience, we offer free door-to-door transportation, free childcare from 7:30-9a.m. for those who have to be at work early, extended care until 6p.m. and a 12-month plan that covers school, camp and everything inbetween at a substantial savings.>
Profile last updated: 01/17/2014
Long Branch Children Of The King Academy
(Christian)1 mi | 74 students | Gr. K-4
West Long Branch Ma'or Yeshiva High School For Boys
All-boys  (Jewish)1.4 mi | 29 students | Gr. 9-12
West Long Branch School For Children
Special Education School1.8 mi | 106 students | Gr. NS
Long Branch Ilan High School
All-girls  (Jewish)1.8 mi | 95 students | Gr. 9-12
West Long Branch Colonial Christian Academy
(Christian)1.9 mi | 12 students | Gr. 5-9
- February 09, 2014 - LOVE LOVE LOVE the school! We have 2 enrolled and on on the way! Excellent reputation for academics and offerings, it''s summer camp program is second to none. Compared to any public or private school in the area, we felt that this was really the best possible education available for our children in Monmouth County. Have also considered to nearby Ranney, and found nothing lacking in comparison but the higher cost of tuition. Academics and offerings included in the general curriculum are superior to any of the schools we could find in the area. Children are challenged to their individual ability which was very important to us, and not held back because the class is limited to teaching to the state curriculum or a state test. Many of the children who attend here are very bright. Science lab and teacher- very impressive. Drama, swim, Spanish, yoga- all part of the weekly curriculum during the school day- these are not after school actives. Because of the drama program, not only can many of the children here sing, act, and dance- but I doubt that many of them will have a problem speaking in public as they become older. The children become so accustomed to being on stage performing, it''s almost second nature to be in front of an audience. The principal is an absolutely amazing woman. You feel as if you are leaving your children with a trusted family member with her in the building, and you will often find her helping out in the classrooms- she truly loves her students. Have highly recommended this school to many friends in the area. If you are as particular about your child''s education as we are, and nothing but the best will do; no need to look further this is your school. - Posted by Parent
- May 13, 2013 - We love this school. Our daughter is in the Pre-K program and she is doing fantastic. The class sizes are small, there is door to door transportations and tons of extras (swimming, gym, writing/reading, science, yoga, gym, Spanish, computers, etc...). She is learning so much and obtaining great confidence. - Posted by Parent
- January 31, 2013 - Excellent english, math, and arts programs. Outstanding swimming training/coaching with indoor and outdoor pools, exceptional athletics program with interesting variants like wall climbing, etc. Small school where everyone knows each other so kids don''t slip through the cracks. While they have them, their computer and foreign languages are weak compared to Ranney School. Their summer camp is the best I could find in NJ with activities from surfing to sailing to beach, to swimming, basketball, etc. with things to do on rainy days. They have coverage before and after schools, so if both parents work, they can attend from 7:30am to 6pm. Overall, excellent private school with supportive teachers and interesting activities. - Posted by Parent