Grades: NS-8 | 201 students
Seashore was the only middle school in the USA to win a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award in the News Category from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and is #67 on Columbia's website listing the winners. We congratulate Alina Keller, Ceejai Schnoor and Katarina Barc for their award-winning Think Pink Photo Journalism Campaign.
The Seashore School was chosen to participate in Stars of Hope, an international initiative. Students were given an opportunity to express their feelings about 9/11 and Hurricane Sandy through art. The volunteer organization has done projects from Japan and Ireland to Boston, Newton and Long Branch. When complete, thousands of stars with messages of hope were displayed throughout the community.
With only 20.8 seconds on a clock that said 16-16, eighth grader Jordan Semon scored twice at the buzzer, breaking the tie for the Seashore Sharks and leading her team to victory in the Salvation Army's 2013 Red Kettle Classic. This was the third year in a row the Seashore Sharks brought home the Red Kettle Trophy.
For 40 years, The Seashore School has been picking up children at their doors and taking them where they need to go academically, athletically and socially. The program offers more for the money than any other school or day care center. It includes a progressive curriculum loaded with extras such as gymnastics, yoga, year-round swim lessons and free door-to-door transportation.
Seashore Preschool is the only school that offers an entire campus for three year olds and another for pre-k --with bright classrooms, art studios, large gyms and indoor heated pools. We take learning beyond the classroom and way beyond the basics. The schedule includes academics, music, art, science lab, computers, Spanish, physical education, gymnastics, yoga and year-round swim lessons.
Seashore Preschool has been shaping the lives of its youngest students for the past 40 years. The advanced, challenging well-rounded curriculum makes learning fun and gets children squared away academically, physically and socially. It combines academics with physical education, yoga, gymnastics and year-round swim lessons which helps them learn to listen, focus, follow directions and begin to solve problems.
Seashore Players, an after school drama club, gives kindergarten-8th graders a chance to shine in their Theatre "On Broadway." They develop the singing, dance and acting skills to wow audiences with large-scale professionally produced productions that include live orchestras, authentic costumes and special effects in shows like Honk, Cinderella, Annie and this Spring's Seussical The Musical May 2-4.
Fifth through eighth graders have a chance to compete in Seashore's soccer, basketball and track teams which make the playoffs each year and break record after record. Unlike larger schools that have many competing for limited spots, our students get a chance to play and improve. The 2013 track team sent a record number to the All Star Meet.
If you are looking for a school where your child will be happy, challenged and ahead of the game, The Seashore School is the place to be.
For 40 years, a Seashore education has not only led to acceptance at the most prestigious high schools.
It has made learning fun and given students endless opportunities to discover new talents, expand their horizons, gain insights, look at things from different perspectives, build confidence, make lasting friendships and develop the skills to excel academically, athletically and socially.
From preschool through eighth grade, we offer advanced, diversified curriculums that include foreign language, technology, science lab, music, art studio, physical education and year-round swim lessons, plus specialized training in drama, dance and singing for those interested in performing arts.
Our approach to education is so succesful, students typically perform a grade above their peers, score in the top percent of standardized exams, won a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and 2011, 2012 and 2013 Silver Medals from judges at the Ivy League University's Graduate School of Journalism, won the 2013 People's Choice Award from the Save The Jersey Shore Art Contest, took first in Marine Academy of Science and Technology (MAST) Middle School Tournaments, are recognized nationally for academic achievement by Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth and gain acceptance into the high schools of their choice -- including top ranked High Technology High School, Biotechnology, Allied Health & Science, Communications, MAST and Christian Brothers Academy.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(clean and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes door-to-door transportation, books and supplies.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Villapiano|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Award Winning Student Newspaper, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Edible School Yard Cooking Elective, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga Art, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga, Award Winning Student Newspaper,
Edible School Yard Cooking Elective,
- Seashore is the only school that offers an entire campus for preschool and another for pre-kindergarten with bright classrooms, computer and science labs, indoor heated pools, gyms, state of the art gymmastics equipment and playgrounds.
- Our Full-Day Kindergarten includes extras most schools do not offer at this level like foreign language, hands-on experiments in our science lab, computer lab, year-round swim lessons and an advanced reading program with proven results. By mid year most children read on their own and by the end of the year can recognize nearly 1,000 words.
- In addition to a strong academic curriculum, aspiring young actors can take drama, dance and singing lessons needed to put on professionally produced full-scale productions. As part of their program they go to Broadway plays and take workshops with stars in the shows they see.
- Seashore offers an award winning education. We were the only middle school in the USA to win a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and 2011, 2012 and 2013 Silver Medals from judges at the Ivy League's Graduate School of Journalism for the student newspaper Seashore Student Views. Students also won a Peoples Choice Award in the Save The Jersey Shore Art Contest, have taken first in the Marine Academcy of Science and Technology Middle School Tournaments and are consistently recognized for achievement by Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth and The White House.
- Seashore teams break records and make it to the Playoffs. The Sharks won the 2013 Salvation Army Red Kettle Classic, bringing home the trophy the third year in a row. The 2013 track team sent a record number to the All Star Meet.
- In addition to its exceptional education, Seashore offers a wholesome, family environment free of the typical middle school experimenting that can derail lives. Students develop close friendships with children who are so focused on athletics, the arts and hobbies ranging from horseback riding to fencing, dance, singing, community and professional theater and competitive skating that veering off course is not even on their radar.
- Seashore graduates consistently gain acceptance to the high schools of their choice including top ranked Biotech, High Tech, MAST, Communications, Allied, CBA and Red Bank Regional High School's Specialized Academies.
- For parents convenience, we offer free door-to-door transportation, free childcare from 7:30-9a.m. for those who have to be at work early, extended care until 6p.m. and a 12-month plan that covers school, camp and everything inbetween at a substantial savings.>
Profile last updated: 11/19/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Long BranchGrades: NS | 74 students
167 Cedar Ave
Long Branch, NJ 07740
West Long BranchGrades: 9-12 | 29 students
Po Box 254
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
West Long BranchGrades: NS | 106 students
At Monmouth University
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
OceanGrades: 9-12 | 130 students
1200 Roseld Ave
Ocean, NJ 07712
West Long BranchGrades: 5-9 | 12 students
197 Locust Ave
West Long Branch, NJ 07764
Rental Market Monitor
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.