|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9 - 12|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||51% (CA School Avg.: 41%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||85%|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||2170|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 16|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,410|
|Tuition Notes||$1,300-$1,600 annually in non-tuition costs such as books. laptop, and other fees.|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$21,250|
|Admissions Director||Jonathan Zucker|
|Admissions Associate||Vanessa Ortega|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer,
Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our PhilosophyGuided by Mens Conscia Recti, “a mind aware of
what is right,” College Prep develops each student's
strengths and capacities through an education based on ten core
1. We value the individuality of our community members and our egalitarian school culture.
2. We believe that high expectations, kindled curiosity, and dedicated effort encourage students to discern excellenceand strive to do their best.
3. We affirm that deep learning requires patience, creativity, reflection, and practice.
4. We cultivate an awarenessof self and others that is rooted in respect and empathy and emphasizes the importance of taking responsibility for one’s impact and actions.
5. We work in a collaborative environment that gives young people opportunities to take risks, express themselves, and appreciate the perspectives and gifts of others.
6. We embrace the variety of backgrounds and life experiences within our community and recognize that the rich expression of diversity is essentialto a meaningful education.
7. We integrate work and play, helping students recognize the elements of a balanced life.
8. We foster an understanding of interdependence and stewardship that starts with care for our open-air Oakland campus and extends to our greater community.
9. We prepare students to make a positive difference, encouraging engagement in a full array of school activities, and service and learning opportunities in the broader world.
10. We dedicate ourselves, as teachers and mentors, to our own ongoing development, modeling commitment to learning and growth.
Profile last updated: 07/30/2013
Oakland Bentley School
Oakland My Own Montessori
Montessori School0.7 mi | 33 students | Gr. PK-K
Oakland Aurora School
Alternative School0.8 mi | 126 students | Gr. K-5
Oakland Holy Names High School
All-girls  (Roman Catholic)0.9 mi | 278 students | Gr. 9-12 1 Review
Oakland Escuela Bilingue Internacional
Special Program Emphasis0.9 mi | 174 students | Gr. K-4