|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||100%
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Required school uniform)
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ballroom Dance, Boys and Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, Chess, Gospel Choir, Music, Physical Education, Robotics, Sewing Art, Ballroom Dance, Cheerleading, Chess, Gospel Choir, Music, Robotics, Sewing, Boys and Girls Basketball,
- Every student at St. Mark's has 90 minutes of instruction in both reading and math every day. Our emphasis on academics is demonstrated by our students' consistently superior test scores, surpassing public as well as charter schools' average scores in our own District 5.
- In addition to our core curriculum, St. Mark's offers a number of extracurricular and enrichment programs. Read on to learn more!
- Library - Our recently renovated library contains over 5,000 volumes and is staffed by a full-time librarian. Every year, well-known authors and illustrators visit St. Mark's through our Author Study Program to speak to and work with our students. Visitors include National Book Award finalist and Newberry Medal winner Richard Peck and Coretta Scott King Award winner Bryan Collier.
- Physical Education - Every student enjoys weekly Physical Education classes that emphasize health and fitness. Every year, our Physical Education program culminates in the much-anticipated Sports Day and Picnic. Our girls' and boys' basketball teams are open to students in Grades 5 through 8, and they compete regularly against other Catholic Schools in Manhattan.
- The music program at St. Mark's is offered in partnership with Education Through Music. Students enjoy music classes once or twice a week, and they perform twice a year in school-wide concerts. Students also have access to a variety of string, wind, and percussion instruments. Students in Grades 5 through 8 have the opportunity to audition for the school Gospel Choir, Voices of Praise, which practices twice a week after school and performs regularly at Mass.
- All students enjoy weekly Art classes through the Creative Classrooms studio art program. Students in grades 2-5 also participate in Learning to Look art appreciation classes.
- Students in 4th, 5th, and 8th grades participate in American Ballroom Theater's Dancing Classrooms program.
- St. Mark's is equipped with state of the art technology. We have SMARTBoards and video streaming in every classroom, as well as a computer lab with over 40 computers and laptops.
Profile last updated: 02/07/2013
- School Location Miles Students Grades
New YorkSt Charles Borromeo School
214 W 142nd St
New York, NY, 10030
(212)368-6666(Roman Catholic)0.3 mi | 174 students | Gr. PK-8
New YorkSt. Aloysius School
223 W 132nd Street
New York, NY, 10027
(212)283-0921(Roman Catholic)0.4 mi | 229 students | Gr. PK-8
New YorkFellowship Of Learning School
9 W 130th Street
New York, NY, 10037
(212)690-8094(Christian)0.4 mi | 10 students | Gr. 1-8
New YorkAll Saints School
52 E 130th St
New York, NY, 10037
(212)534-0558(Roman Catholic)0.5 mi | 205 students | Gr. K-9
New YorkThe Children''s Storefront
70 E 129th St
New York, NY, 10035
(212)427-79000.5 mi | 156 students | Gr. PK-8