Watch School Video:
Calvary Baptist Day School
|School Membership(s)||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools (SBACS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||604 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||10% (NC School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||35%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|AP Biology||AP Calculus AB|
|AP Chemistry||AP English Literature|
|AP European History||AP Human Geography|
|AP Psychology||AP Statistics|
|AP U.S. History|
|Average SAT score||1124|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition range: approximately $1847-$9350.|
|% on Financial Aid||12%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,060|
|Admissions Director||Cherry Bray|
|Admissions Associate||Pam Dell'Aquila|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||18 extracurriculars|
|Ambassadors Club||Art Club|
|Calvary Crazies||Debate Club|
|Digital Club||Executive Leadership Council|
|Honor Council||Mock Trial Team|
|Moot Court||Mu Alpha Theta|
|National Honor Society||Outdoor Club|
|Service Club||Student Council|
|Ultimate Frisbee||Yearbook Staff|
- MOTO "Think, Learn, and Live for Jesus Christ"
- MISSION The mission of Calvary Baptist Day School is to teach and train students to think, learn, and live from a Biblical worldview by integrating God and His Word as the primary source of knowledge and truth under the lordship of Jesus Christ.
- ENROLLMENT Total enrollment for 2012-2013 is 604 in grades PK - 12th.
- ACCREDITATIONS Association of Christian Schools International. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- HISTORY TIMELINE 1968- Kindergarten program established by Calvary Baptist Church. 1971- First grade program established and grew to K-6. 1984- Middle School added to the existing PK-6 program. 1997- High School program began with a 9th grade. 2001- First graduating class with 20 students.
- ASSOCIATIONS Association of Christian Schools International. Southern Baptist Association of Christian Schools. Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. North Carolina Association of Independent Schools.
- STUDENT PROFILE Average to above average academic ability; interested in college preparatory program.
- TEACHER PROFILE North Carolina state licensure and teacher certification with the Association of Christian Schools International. Average number of years of teaching experience: 15.
- CURRICULUM The biblically integrated curriculum, developed by professional teachers using educational research and best practices, ensures that each child has the opportunity to advance as far as he/she is cognitvely able. All classrooms are wired for internet access in addition to a computer lab on campus. The High School program is a college preparatory program featuring college prep level, honors level, Advanced Placement classes through the College Board, and cooperative learning opportunities with local colleges and universities. A variety of extracurricular activities (athletics, fine arts, service organizations, academic competition teams) is available to middle and high school students. Daily, students and faculty at CBDS join in prayer, and students learn to hide God's word in their hearts through mediation and weekly verse memorization. Chapel services are conducted weekly.
- TESTING The school uses nationally normed standardized testing. In using TerraNova3, our scores average between the 75th and 80th percentiles school-wide. Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT I)average: 1124.
Profile last updated: 03/21/2013
Related School Videos:
Facebook School Page:
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-8 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 1.9 mi. away
Gr. 1-7 | 2.7 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 3.9 mi. away
- December 11,2012 - Calvary Baptist Day School is a great school. My son started school there in middle school and he''s gotten a first rate education. His future is bright becuase of CBDS.*-Posted by Parent *