Grades: PK-8 | 214 students
Our Buddy program provides collaborative learning and mentoring opportunities, helping our youngest students learn and our oldest students lead.
Our fully-equipped science lab offers our middle school students the opportunity to get hands-on with learning.
Our rigorous curriculum, which includes studying and analyzing Dickens and Shakespeare in 8th grade, prepares our students for any college-prep high school.
Our nationally-recognized Blue Ribbon School of Excellence gives our students the right foundation for life.
We work each day to build a community of faith, hope, and love so that each student can learn and grow to be the person God is calling him or her to be. Our rigorous curriculum instills a love of learning in our students, skillfully preparing them to move on to any high school they choose with self-confidence and poise.
Our exceptional faculty inspire students to become passionate, well-rounded, and highly-principled individuals who know they are loved and have a purpose to serve in our world.
Students learn not only in the classroom, but through important experiences that Mercy is able to provide. From our Buddy program that pairs middle schoolers with our youngest students, encouraging responsibility and creating role models, to the Helping Hands of Mercy group that cultivates a life-long commitment to service and social awareness, our students learn the foundations of leadership and personal responsibility.
In addition, we have invested in technology enhancements throughout the school so that all our students have access to tablet devices and interactive whiteboards, which allows our teachers to take content a step further and bring innovation to our already-strong curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Various - full-time Learning Support Teacher|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||214 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(White polo shirts/navy pants/shorts, Plaid jumpers/skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rates vary based on grade, number of children at the school and if the family belongs to a Catholic parish. See our website for details.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Katie Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Melodi Evans|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Softball, Track and Field,
Our Lady of Mercy School helps students build foundations for a purposeful life through Faith, Academics, and Values.
- loving, faith-based academic community
- weekly school masses with student-led liturgy
- daily prayer
- seasonal prayer and penance services
- Follow and exceed requirements of the North Carolina Core Curriculum and Essential Standards
- Standardized test scores exceed national average, even though we have our students test in October as a diagnostic, instead of May for EOGs.
- Average of 50% of our 4th and 7th graders have qualified for Duke TIP over the past 10 years (score 95th percentile or above on one core test of SAT-10)
- Fine arts curriculum
- Spanish language program for all grades, starting in PreK
- Technology enhancements allow for interaction with content and new ways to learn
- Accredited by AdvancEd and the Diocese of Charlotte
- Monthly and year-long service projects put faith in action
- Buddy program turns older students into mentors for younger students, developing leadership and role modeling skills
- Diverse community, welcoming to students and families of all races, religions, national origins. Over 35% of our students are students of color.
- Full-time learning support
- Before-School care starting at 7:20
- After-School care until 6:00 p.m. (5:30 for PreK)
- Hot Lunch program
- Tuition Assistance available (application deadline March 15)
Profile last updated: 06/05/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Winston SalemGrades: PK-8 | 184 students
1046 Miller Street
Winston Salem, NC 27103
Winston SalemGrades: PK-8 | 151 students
2415 Silas Creek Pkwy
Winston Salem, NC 27103
Winston SalemGrades: PK-12 | 346 students
429 S Broad St
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Winston SalemGrades: K | 74 students
529 S Church St
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Winston SalemGrades: 9-12 | 27 students
415 W Clemmonsville Rd
Winston Salem, NC 27127
Rental Market Monitor
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.