Rocky Mount Academy
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||414 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||13% (NC School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||52%|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Art History||Calculus AB|
|English Literature||Environmental Science|
|Government & Politics||Modern European History|
|Average SAT score||1749|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual
(No uniforms but enforced dress code)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call for current tuition information. Tuition can be paid once a year, in three equal installments, or monthly.|
|% on Financial Aid||22%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,096|
|Admissions Director||Millie H. Walker|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||23 extracurriculars|
|Academic Marshals||Accelerated Reader|
|Drama Club||Environmental Club|
|Fellowship of Christian Athletes||Film Club|
|French Club||Guitar Club|
|Honor Council||Key Club|
|Longboarding Club||Middle School SGA|
|National Honor Society||Odyssey of the Mind|
|Pep Club||Ping Pong Club|
|Science Olympiad||Spanish Club|
|Stock Market Club||Ukulele Club|
|Upper School SGA|
- Rocky Mount Academy is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- In addition to a Digital Learning Center, every classroom at RMA is equipped with an interactive data projector which provides teachers with an additional teaching tool. Each teacher has a tablet that interacts with the projector. Each Lower School classroom has four state of the art computer workstations. Every student in grades 6-12, in the 2012-13 year, will be provided a tablet that will also interact with the projector. IPads on mobile carts for classroom use.
- RMA Lower School and Middle School students score in the top 18% on national standardized achievement testing.
- RMA Pre-K is considered the most academic program in the area, with language arts and math curicula in addtion to the special classes in PE, Music, Library, Guidance, and Technology, and learning through play centers.
- 69% of RMA 7th graders qualified to take the SAT through the Duke Univ. TIP program.
- 92% of high schoolers take at least one Honors or AP course.
- RMA Class of 2010 SAT score (CR+M) was 1171 as compared to the national average of 1017,the state average of 1017, and the local average of 956.
- 2011 graduates (23) received $1.2 million in merit scholarships.
- 88% of grade-eligible students play on at least one team a year.
- Opportunities for national and regional summer academic and leadership programs.
- Classroom education augmented by dayfield trips and overnight class trips beginning in 5th grade.
Profile last updated: 01/17/2012
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.3 mi. away
Gr. K-12 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 2.5 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 2.5 mi. away
Gr. K | 2.6 mi. away