Grades: 6 - 12 | 353 students
The ground breaking ceremony for Toledo’s sixth Catholic high school took place on September 21, 1960, with Bishop George J. Rehring turning the first spadeful of earth. The school was named for Samuel Cardinal Stritch, Toledo’s second bishop during the years of 1921 through 1930. A twenty-acre site was chosen for the East Side area’s first co-institutional high school. One side of the school was reserved for boys’ classes, the other for girls’, with co-educational classes being held in the center sections. (The separate wings were integrated in 1967 when all classes became co-educational.) We, the Cardinal Stritch High School community, believe that the educational mission of the Catholic Church is to reveal the Gospel message, to promote the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, and to serve our youth and the entire human family.