Grades: PK - 8 | 186 students
The mission of Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is to offer an outstanding education to children ages 3-14 in an atmosphere faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School uniquely integrates the proven success of a Montessori education with children's spiritual and moral formation.
Using the philosophy and techniques of the Montessori approach, including religious education through the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, we enable your child to develop as a well-integrated human being: spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally.
Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori strives to make its unique educational opportunities affordable to many families who could not otherwise afford a private Montessori education.
We accomplish this by carefully controlling tuition costs, offering significant sibling discounts, and working to enlarge an existing scholarship fund.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Verbal Processing, Speech, some autism|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||77%
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||60%|
Finances and Admission
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Choir, Destination Imagination, Drama Club Boy Scouts, Choir, Drama Club, Destination Imagination,
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori uses some of the best educational practices:
- Excellence in Writing: a superb program to help children develop strong writing skills
- Spanish: all children take 3 Spanish classes per week starting at age 3
- Orton-Gillingham Language: our teachers have special training to apply this premier method for systematic instruction in spelling and reading.
- Arts Residencies: an annual program with the Ohio Arts Council brings artists of various disciplines to our school for multi-week residencies with students
- Orff Music Program: a hands-on approach to music education
- Virtues Program: to help our students develop life-long habits of virtue Plus much more
Profile last updated: 08/24/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CincinnatiGrades: PK-12 | 1006 students
5400 Red Bank Road
Cincinnati, OH 45227
CincinnatiGrades: PK-12 | 353 students
6830 School Street
Cincinnati, OH 45244
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 446 students
6543 Miami Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45243
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 176 students
4115 Taylor Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45209
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 187 students
7754 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236
Rental Market Monitor
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.
June 28, 2015
When it comes to choosing a private school, there are so many choices to consider that the project can be a huge challenge to most of us. We offer some help and advice to help you get started.