Grades: PK-8 | 186 students
The mission of Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is to offer an outstanding education to children ages 3-14 in an atmosphere faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School uniquely integrates the proven success of a Montessori education with children's spiritual and moral formation.
Using the philosophy and techniques of the Montessori approach, including religious education through the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, we enable your child to develop as a well-integrated human being: spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally.
Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori strives to make its unique educational opportunities affordable to many families who could not otherwise afford a private Montessori education.
We accomplish this by carefully controlling tuition costs, offering significant sibling discounts, and working to enlarge an existing scholarship fund.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Verbal Processing, Speech, some autism|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Choir, Destination Imagination, Drama Club Boy Scouts, Choir, Drama Club, Destination Imagination,
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori uses some of the best educational practices:
- Excellence in Writing: a superb program to help children develop strong writing skills
- Spanish: all children take 3 Spanish classes per week starting at age 3
- Orton-Gillingham Language: our teachers have special training to apply this premier method for systematic instruction in spelling and reading.
- Arts Residencies: an annual program with the Ohio Arts Council brings artists of various disciplines to our school for multi-week residencies with students
- Orff Music Program: a hands-on approach to music education
- Virtues Program: to help our students develop life-long habits of virtue Plus much more
Profile last updated: 08/24/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CincinnatiGrades: PK-12 | 1006 students
5400 Red Bank Road
Cincinnati, OH 45227
CincinnatiGrades: PK-12 | 353 students
6830 School Street
Cincinnati, OH 45244
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 446 students
6543 Miami Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45243
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 176 students
4115 Taylor Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45209
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 187 students
7754 Montgomery Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.