Grades: NS - 8 | 144 students
The Lillian and Betty Ratner School is dedicated to meeting the individual learning needs of a richly diverse population of students, fostering in them respect, creativity and a life-long love of learning.
Through its Montessori Pre-Primary, and Montessori influenced Primary and Middle School programs, Ratner students are prepared for the challenges of rigorous higher education and for productive global citizenship.
The Ratner School's innovative and nurturing environment creates a community of learners where Each Child Thrives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences are supported|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||24%
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Day School ranges from $14,615- $16,610.|
|Admissions Director||Dawn Driggs|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Guitar, Kids in the Kitchen, etc., Roots and Shoots, Skiing, Sports Chess, Guitar, Skiing, Sports, Kids in the Kitchen, etc.,
Roots and Shoots,
- Rigorous Academic Targets: The Ratner School provides customized educational opportunities to inspire an ongoing quest for knowledge and prepares students to compete and succeed in an advanced academic environment.
- Passionate Leadership: The Ratner School leverages the talents and instincts of our devoted teachers, staff members and school leaders to develop curricula to help each student be more aware of and comfortable with learning strengths and challenges. This approach allows students to excel in competitive environments.
- Diversity within a Judaic Framework:The Ratner School builds a strong multi-cultural community of students, families and leaders that is appreciative of our School's racially, religiously and ethnically diverse population.
- Respecting the unique characteristics, personalities and abilities of the individual,The Ratner School tailors an educational program to complement the developmental levels of each child.
Profile last updated: 08/13/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Pepper PikeGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
27601 Fairmount Blvd
Pepper Pike, OH 44124
BeachwoodGrades: K-9 | 354 students
26500 Shaker Blvd
Beachwood, OH 44122
Shaker HeightsGrades: PK-12 | 650 students
1 Lyman Cir
Shaker Heights, OH 44122
BeachwoodGrades: 7-12 | 155 students
2475 S Green Road
Beachwood, OH 44122
ClevelandGrades: NS-PK | 40 students
22201 Fairmount Boulevard
Cleveland, OH 44118
Rental Market Monitor
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
August 09, 2015
Voucher programs have gained a lot of traction since 1989 when the first voucher program appeared in Milwaukee. We look at how things are playing out in 2015.
July 12, 2015
Many parents tend to dismiss the idea of sending their children to private school without exploring it in depth. We explore this and several more related subjects.