|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||237 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||35%
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||25%|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Uniforms required for all grades; see website for details)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,655|
|Tuition Notes||$4,655 Catholic subsidized by local parish; $7,145 no subsidy; see website for clarifications, fees, other charges. Tuition assistance available to qualifying families based on evaluation by FACTS (3rd party); see website for details.|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joe Bridgeman, Principal|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||CYO Sports, Chess Club, Choir, Computer Animation Class, Leadership, M.U.S.E. Band, Speech Team CYO Sports, Chess Club, Choir, Leadership, M.U.S.E. Band, Speech Team, Computer Animation Class,
- SCHOOL COMMUNITY: Founded in 1964, Christ the King Catholic School is a Kindergarten through Eighth Grade co-ed school serving North Clackamas and Southeast Multnomah counties. Current enrollment is 228 students. CTK is a multi-cultural school, with 35% minority student population. Christ the King Catholic School is open to students of all religious beliefs, with 9% of attendees non-Catholic. A majority of students are parishioners of Christ the King Catholic Church; others are registered at other Catholic parishes in the area. Our student population is socio-economically mixed with 25% of students receiving need-based scholarships through our Support-A-Student Tuition Assistance Program. A majority of student receive parish subsidy to help cover annual tuition of $4,655 per child; full cost of tuition per child is $6,640.
- MISSION STATEMENT: Christ the King Catholic School strengthens the God-given capabilities of each child in a loving Catholic community. Students experience an environment that is gospel-centered and service oriented.
- POSITIVE PLEDGE (recited daily by students): We, the students of Christ the King Catholic School, believe that everyone has the right to enjoy our school equally, feel safe here, and be accepted. We pledge to live our lives daily by the examples and teaching of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- ACCREDITATION: CTK was "Accredited with Merit" by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges and Universities (now the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools) in 1996. Our school successfully passed subsequent maximum six-year terms of accreditation in 2003 and 2009. CTK is recognized and registered by the State of Oregon, with curriculum, staff qualifications and operations meeting or exceeding standards. CTK is a member of the National Catholic Education Association, with staff training, curriculum and student-centered opportunities meeting or exceeding NCEA standards.
- SCHOOL ORGANIZATION: The school day organization is as follows: -Three trimesters per school year with a minimum of 179 student attendance days; -School day averages 5.75 hrs. of student instruction time; -Average class size is 24 -Student to Teacher ratio, inclusive of instructional assistants and specialists is appx. 13:1
- ACADEMIC OVERVIEW: In addition to core academic subjects of Religion, Mathematics, English, Spelling, Reading, Social Studies and Science, CTK offers Spanish, Music, Physical Education and a Computer Enrichment Program, with the latter taught in a technology lab. The school has networked Internet access in each classroom and the library. CTK features a modern library equipped with current materials for both research and enjoyment. Both the library card catalog and CTK research databases are computerized and accessible online from the library itself, individual classrooms and/or home. In addition, students participate in off-site field trips, guest lectures and assemblies throughout the year. The school regularly sponsors an Artist-In-Residence program, providing students with instruction from a professional artist.
- SCHOOL COMMUNITY: CTK sponsors "multi-age groupings," or family groups composed of one-two students from each grade led by an 8th grade student. These groups participate in a variety of activities, including sitting together at weekly liturgies and participating in community service projects. Socially, students sit in "open seating" arrangement at lunchtime with neighboring grade levels (K-2, 3-5, 6-8) and are encouraged to interact with all students on the playground at recess. During Monday morning all-school assemblies, family groups sit together plus have monthly social activities on selected days throughout the year. Specifically, 7th graders are paired at the beginning of the year with Kindergarten "buddies" to promote reading and communication skills; likewise, 8th graders are matched to 1st graders for similar one-on-one learning activities.
- PHYSICAL FACILITY: CTK is located on 13 acres of land, affording ample space for parking, student and community recreation, plus security and privacy from main roads and traffic. The school building is a single story structure, affording quick exit response in case of fire, earthquake or other emergency, in addition to being accessible for students with disabilities.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE: The school is a service-oriented community with students working individually, as a class, with the parish, and for the greater community through specific, guided activities. Middle school students in grades 6-8 are challenged to give a designated number community service hours annually. Students annually give over 10,000 hours of service and over $3,000 in cash donations plus contribute in-kind gifts of over 6,000 lbs. of food and clothing to parish ministries plus local, national and international non-profit organizations.
- GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS: Students must complete the CTK curriculum with a 2.0 minimum total G.P.A. to graduate. To continue enrollment at Catholic high schools, 8th grade students must score within an acceptable range on the high school placement exam administered each January. Over 95% of graduating CTK eighth graders are accepted annually into one of several area parochial high schools, and 98% of those graduates (CTK alums) are accepted to college and universities nationwide.
- OTHER: We are adjacent to La Salle Catholic College Prep (www.lshigh.org), with a majority of our 8th grade graduates accepted annually to this prestigious Lasallian school. Many families with children in elementary and high school find this dual-campus location convenient and conducive to a K-12 Catholic educational experience. Advanced La Salle classes and their instructors visit our school annually to mentor our students in Science and Spanish, as well as other subjects as opportunities present themselves. Likewise, CTK students visit La Salle for academic enrichment including drama performances and are invited to attend evening LEAP (Lasallian Education Advancement Program) presentations.
- School Location Miles Students Grades
PortlandLa Salle Catholic College Preparatory
11999 Se Fuller Rd
Portland, OR 97222
(503)353-1432(Roman Catholic)0.3 mi | 679 students | Gr. 9-12
PortlandMilwaukie Covenant Preschool A
12201 Se Linwood Ave
Portland, OR 97222
(503)654-4138Daycare / Preschool0.8 mi | 60 students | Gr. PK
Happy ValleyBeautiful Savior Lutheran Preschool & Kdgn
9800 Se 92nd Ave
Happy Valley, OR 97086
(503)788-7000Daycare / Preschool (Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)1.2 mi | 64 students | Gr. PK-KG
ClackamasLife Christian School
15351 Se Johnson Rd
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503)656-5433(Christian)1.9 mi | 51 students | Gr. PK-8
ClackamasValley View Day School
11501 Se Sunnyside Rd
Clackamas, OR 97015
(503)698-6003Daycare / Preschool (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA))2 mi | 85 students | Gr. PK-KG