Holy Family School
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||481 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||53% (CA School Avg.: 43%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 7 / Feb. 16|
|Admissions Director||Sheryl Citta|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Track and Field||Volleyball|
|Total Extracurriculars||16 extracurriculars|
|Academic Chess Club||Altar Server|
|Boy Scouts||California Junior Scholarship Federation (CJSF)|
|Eucharistic Ministers||Girl Scouts|
|Homework Club||Lego Robotics|
|Liturgical Choir||Ministry of Movement|
|Monthly Community Outreach||National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)|
|Newspaper Club||Schmahl Hands-on Science Labs|
|Spanish K-4||Student Council|
- SCHOOLWIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS RESULTS When our students graduate from Holy Family they will have grown stronger in their spiritual, academic, and personal lives. As persons of faith our students will:
- Discover the love of God through loving one another.
- Foster Christian values – compassion, tolerance, justice, and a respect for the dignity of life.
- Participate actively in their faith development through sacraments, liturgical celebrations, and a variety of prayer styles.
- Demonstrate a personal faith relationship with God by living the Gospel values and teachings of Jesus Christ through justice based service and prayer.
- Have a basic knowledge of the teachings of the Church and the ability to make good moral and ethical decisions based on their Catholic faith. As lifelong learners our students will:
- Explore and develop their own unique gifts, talents and interests.
- Recognize the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and the negative effect of drug and alcohol use.
- Read for enjoyment and knowledge.
- Have the ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Articulate ideas clearly and creatively, and communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Use technology to obtain, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Be prepared for the next level of education through critical thinking and problem solving skills. As responsible citizens our students will:
- Accept responsibility and consequences for their actions.
- Exhibit the social skills and moral values needed for responsible citizenship.
- Appreciate and respect the cultural diversity of our global community.
- Exhibit good sportsmanship.
- Grow in awareness and responsibility towards others and their community
- Develop strong character traits to strengthen self-esteem and build skills to meet life's challenges.
Profile last updated: 12/14/2011
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. PK-K | 0.4 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-PK | 0.9 mi. away
Gr. K-5 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.3 mi. away
Gr. 2-12 | 1.3 mi. away