|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Total Students||415 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5%
State avg.: 20%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||30%|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(K-8 Pants, shorts, jumpers or skirts with polo shirt or blouse)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,650|
|Tuition Notes||Significant discounts for multiple children from the same family. Generous tuition aid available.|
|% on Financial Aid||25%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Rebecca Carey|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Freestyle Skiing, Golf, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Football,
Freestyle Skiing, Golf,
- Daily prayer and religion classes; school and class liturgies, spiritual retreats, sacrament preparation and character education.
- School liturgies in which students fully participate by planning, providing music, lectoring and altar serving.
- Older students perform community service and serve as "guardian angels" to second and third graders preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion.
- High academic standards and inclusion of weekly music, art, technology, library and gym classes
- Mandarin Chinese in kindergarten through eighth grade
- LOGIC (Orton-Gillingham) and leveled reading , math enrichment, Science Fair and numerous academic competions
- Theme-based learning integrated across the curriculum
- 100% certified faculty with an average of 18 years teaching experience
- Full-time teachers in music, art, technology, Mandarin, and gym
- Specialists in reading, math, speech and language
- Ongoing professional development to ensure excellence in teaching
- Virtual server (2009) that enables students to access the school computer from home.
- Technology lab with 30 new computers, printers and scanners. Fiber optic broadband which allows faster, reliable access to all the internet has to offer.
- Classroom computers for individual and small group use.
- "Creating a Safe School" (CASS), an initiative of The Ophelia Project, enlists the entire school communityâ€”students, teachers, parents, coaches and othersâ€”to reduce social aggression. CASS reinforces Christian principles of treating others with dignity and respect.
- Many opportunities for parents to become meaningfully involved in school activities.
- Shared values, activities and volunteer work give OLC families a strong sense of community. They create a welcoming environment where parents, students, and supporters become friends.
- 17 different extra-curricular clubs and activities ranging from Student Council to scouts, and book club to outdoors club.
- Ten different sports, with five available to children in kindergarten to second grade.
- Leadership, service and mentoring opportunities for middle school students.
- School Location Miles Students Grades
Erie Villa Maria Elementary School
2551 W 8th St
Erie , PA , 16505
(814)838-5451(Roman Catholic)0.2 mi | 345 students | Gr. K-9
ErieVilla Maria Academy
2403 W 8th St
Erie , PA , 16505
(814)838-2061(Roman Catholic)0.4 mi | 298 students | Gr. 9-12
ErieErie Day School
1372 W 6th St
Erie , PA , 16505
(814)452-4273(Nonsectarians)1.5 mi | 154 students | Gr. K-9
ErieMontessori Children's House Of Erie
2910 Sterrettania Road
Erie , PA , 16506
(814)838-2155Montessori School (Nonsectarians)1.6 mi | 104 students | Gr. PK-6
ErieBlessed Sacrament School
2510 Greengarden Rd
Erie , PA , 16502
(814)455-1387(Roman Catholic)1.9 mi | 447 students | Gr. K-9