|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Total Students||256 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||25% (TN School Avg.: 15%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||60%|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Number of AP Courses||99 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Qualified students take courses for credit at the University of the South|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 14 / Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for Middle School and Upper School boarding tuition and for information about financial aid and merit scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid||47%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$13,451|
|Admissions Director||Anne Chenoweth|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Ashby@sasweb.org|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Golf,
Mountain Biking, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis,
Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Mountain Biking,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Aerobics, Art Co-op, Athletic Training, Belly Dancing Club, Climbing, Dance, ECO SAS, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Global Outreach, International Club, Kayaking, Math Club, Mountain Lion Club, Music, Outing, Pep Club, Proctors, Recycle Club, SAS Ambassadors, Strength & Conditioning, Theatre, Ultimate Frisbee, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook Aerobics, Art Co-op, Climbing, Dance, ECO SAS, Kayaking, Math Club, Music, Outing, Pep Club, Proctors, Recycle Club, Theatre, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook, Athletic Training,
Belly Dancing Club,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Mountain Lion Club,
Strength & Conditioning,
- Explore a beautifully wooded and historic 550-acre campus high atop the Cumberland Plateau.
- Cultivate all your interests with opportunities for active participation in sports, music, literature, science, worship, and an award-winning arts program.
- Participate in LEADS (Leadership, Environment, Adventure, Discovery & Service) to take full advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities in the region.
- Nurture your competitive spirit through friendly "house cup" competitions.
- Explore non-curricular interests through afternoon programs, clubs, and Winterim.
- Capitalize on access to the facilities of the nearby University of the South, including the option to take college courses for free and for credit.
- Enjoy a close-knit, caring and accepting community.
- Get to know classmates from 15 states and 14 countries.
Profile last updated: 09/24/2013
Decherd School Of The Good Shepherd
(Roman Catholic)11.5 mi | 57 students | Gr. K-9
Jasper Jasper Adventist Christian School
(Seventh-Day Adventist)16.4 mi | 28 students | Gr. K-8
Coalmont Cumberland Heights Sda School
(Seventh-Day Adventist)17.2 mi | 7 students | Gr. 5-8
Gruetli Laager Faith Missionary Academy
(Christian)19 mi | 118 students | Gr. K-12
Tullahoma Highland Rim Christian Academy
Special Program Emphasis (Christian)19.6 mi | 12 students | Gr. 7-12