|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6 - 12|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||9%
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||56%|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||99 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advance Chemistry, Advanced Biology, Advanced Physics, Qualified students take courses for credit at the University of the South,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 14 / Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact us for Middle School and Upper School boarding tuition and for information about financial aid and merit scholarships.|
|% on Financial Aid||53%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,507|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||David Mendlewski|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Ashby@sasweb.org|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
Climbing, Cross Country,
Mountain Biking, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Co-op, Athletic Training, Climbing, Dance, ECO SAS, Gay Straight Alliance (GSA), Global Outreach, International Club, Jewish Culture Club, Landscape Painting, Math Club, Mind*Body*Exercise, Music, Outdoor Adventure, Proctors, Recycle Club, SAS Ambassadors, Strength & Conditioning, Theatre, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook Art Co-op, Climbing, Dance, ECO SAS, Math Club, Music, Proctors, Recycle Club, Theatre, Videography, Write Club, Yearbook, Athletic Training,
Gay Straight Alliance (GSA),
Jewish Culture Club,
Strength & Conditioning,
- Explore a beautifully wooded and historic 550-acre campus high atop the Cumberland Plateau.
- Cultivate all your interests with opportunities for active participation in sports, music, literature, science, worship, and an award-winning arts program.
- Participate in Adventure Education, Outdoor Adventure, the mountain biking team, or the climbing club to take full advantage of the outdoor recreation opportunities in the region.
- Nurture your competitive spirit through friendly "house cup" competitions.
- Explore non-curricular interests through afternoon programs, clubs, and Winterim.
- Capitalize on access to the facilities of the nearby University of the South, including the option to take college courses for free and for credit.
- Enjoy a close-knit, caring and accepting community.
- Get to know classmates from 11 states and 14 countries.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Decherd2037 Decherd Blvd
Decherd, TN 37324
(931)967-5673(Roman Catholic)11.5 mi | Gr. K-9 | 57 students
WinchesterPo Box 715
Winchester, TN 37398
(931)967-1441(Church of Christ)12.7 mi | Gr. PK-2 | 53 students
JasperPo Box 787
Jasper, TN 37347
(423)942-1819(Seventh-Day Adventist)16.4 mi | Gr. K-8 | 26 students
Coalmont67 Old Highway 56
Coalmont, TN 37313
(931)692-3982(Seventh-Day Adventist)17.2 mi | Gr. 1-8 | 7 students
Gruetli Laager495 Red Barn Rd
Gruetli Laager, TN 37339
(931)779-3338(Christian)19 mi | Gr. 2-12 | 105 students