|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||40% (TX School Avg.: 34%)|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||50%|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Chemistry, AP Physics, Dual Credit English III, Dual Credit English IV, Dual Credit Government, Dual Credit U. S. History, Honors English classes, Honors History classes, Honors Math classes, Honors Science classes,|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Annual tuition varies from $6,800 to $11,800|
|% on Financial Aid||10%|
|Admissions Director||Jane Funk|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football,
Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Animal Management Science Lab Aides, Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Full Range of Athletics, Mock Trial, National Honor Society, National Junior Honor Society, Recreational sports leagues organized by parents, Science Olympiad Team, Student Council, Student Leadership Core, Theater and Musical Productions|
- CCA was established in 1980 and has been recognized by ACSI and SACS as an Exemplary School!
- TAPPS All-Around School - State Runner-Up (includes competitions in academics, fine arts, and athletics); National Merit Scholars and Finalists; average SAT over 1150; annual State, Regional, and District championships in a wide variety of academic, fine arts, and athletic events.
- Our special features include: Complete college prep curriculum, math through calculus, Spanish, phonics intensive reading in elementary; dual credit and AP classes in Upper School; student government and student leadership; theater arts, speech, journalism, photojournalism, photography, media production, yearbook, computer, and art; multiple choirs, bands, orchestra, ensembles; mock trial and debate teams; annual school play and musical production; full spectrum of sports; daily Bible classes and non-denominational Christian teaching; weekly chapel services for all grade levels; praise and worship teams; degreed and certified Christian teachers; hot lunch program; before and after school care available on campus.
- CCA is dually accredited with ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International), and SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools). Our competitions are through ACSI and TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools).
- CCA issues the SEVIS I-20 to qualified international students; English proficiency must be shown.
Profile last updated: 10/01/2013
Carrollton Primrose School Of Castle Hills
Early Childhood / Day Cares1.2 mi | 146 students | Gr. K-1
Carrollton Prince Of Peace Christian School
(Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod)1.5 mi | 1092 students | Gr. NS-12
Plano Prestonwood Christian Academy
(Baptist)1.7 mi | 1472 students | Gr. PK-12 1 Review
Plano American Montessori Campus
Montessori School2 mi | 153 students | Gr. K
Plano Parkwood Montessori Academy
Montessori School3.3 mi | 43 students | Gr. K 1 Review
- May 21, 2012 - Are you looking for a school where your child can be nurtured, can be recognized for the individual that he or she is? Are you looking for a school where almost all of the school''s teachers (not just his/her teacher) know the kids by name? Are you looking for a school where the parents, teachers, and administration work together to ensure the most successful education, the most well-rounded experience possible for your child? Then you are looking for Carrollton Christian Academy. We have been at CCA for 9 years and have been so thrilled it. My oldest is a history buff, my middle is a math pro, and my youngest is "here for the party" - the teachers have figured this out and work around their unique giftings and challenges to encourage them to flourish. I wouldn''t go anywhere else. - Posted by Parent
- May 21, 2012 - This school is amazing! The teachers know nearly all the kids (pk-12) by name, the administrators are committed to being known by and communicating with the parents, the academic programs are excellent, and I love that it isn''t just Christians who go here (very mission-minded private school). - Posted by Parent