Grades: K-12 | 1113 students
The mission of Fort Worth Country Day is to foster the intellectual, physical, emotional and ethical development of capable students through an academically rigorous college-preparatory program that integrates the arts and athletics.The purpose of Fort Worth Country Day is to inspire the passion to learn, the courage to lead and the commitment to serve.
Upcoming Events and News:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||142 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $19,640-$21,150|
|Admissions Director||Kathy Lott|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBallet, Baseball,
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- For more than 50 years, Fort Worth Country Day has fostered the intellectual, physical, emotional and ethical development of K-12 students through an academically challenging college-preparatory program that emphasizes the humanities, sciences, arts, athletics and community service.
- The only Malone Family Foundation School in Texas, FWCD is a founding member of the Malone Schools Online Network (MSON) and one of 15 independent schools across the country providing MSON courses, networked through Stanford University, to its juniors and seniors. FWCD is the only independent school to offer an elective course in Engineering Design through the Infinity Project at Southern Methodist University. The school offers more than 100 courses in its Upper School, as well as 22 AP courses.
- Technology is integrated throughout the divisions to enhance the academic program. Students use iPads, laptop and desktop computers, and teachers have access to state-of-the-art interactive whiteboard technology in their classrooms.
- One hundred percent of FWCD graduates are accepted to four-year colleges and universities. Their acceptances demonstrate an outstanding level of preparation and the ability to contribute positively to the world.
Profile last updated: 06/01/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort WorthGrades: K | 92 students
4050 S Hulen St
Fort Worth, TX 76109
Fort WorthGrades: PK-5 | 31 students
5837 Humbert Ave
Fort Worth, TX 76107
Fort WorthGrades: NS-PK
7901 Oakmont Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76132
Fort WorthGrades: PK-12 | 75 students
7601 Bellaire Dr S
Fort Worth, TX 76132
Fort WorthGrades: NS-8 | 174 students
3420 Clayton Rd E
Fort Worth, TX 76116
Rental Market Monitor
November 24, 2015
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.
November 19, 2015
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
October 04, 2015
This A-Z list is designed to make you aware of the many things involved in choosing the right school for your child.