|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||none|
|Total Students||486 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||K.C. McMordie|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Drill Team,
Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Drill Team, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After-school Enrichment Classes, Band, Choir, Lunch with the Lord, Men & Women of Integrity, Recreation Ministry Sports, Student Council, Studio Art, Technology, Theater Arts Band, Choir, Studio Art, Technology, Theater Arts, After-school Enrichment Classes,
Lunch with the Lord,
Men & Women of Integrity,
Recreation Ministry Sports,
Founded in 1975, Grace School is a private Christian school serving
students from 20 months through eighth grade. Located on a 13-acre
campus in beautiful Houston, Texas, our school provides a
challenging academic program to a diverse, co-ed student
population.Grace School is dedicated to academic excellence and
strives to develop thoughtful, compassionate young people eager to
engage in the world around them. The school has three divisions:
Primary School (Two's through Prekindergarten), Lower School
(Kindergarten through fifth grade), and Middle School (sixth
through eighth grade). Each division has its own individualized
plan for developing life-long learners but work collectively to
uphold the ideals and educational integrity of Grace School. Our
goal is to provide a nurturing yet rigorous faith-based learning
environment—small in relative size, but attentive to the
individual learner.Grace School is accredited by the Southern
Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the National
Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Our mission is to provide a rigorous educational program that embraces the teachings of Jesus Christ in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Our vision is to inspire compassionate, thoughtful students eager to engage in the world around them.
- We Believe….teaching and learning should be relevant, current, and rigorous.
- We Believe….teachers should have a deep understanding of the developmental level of their students.
- We Believe….effective educators are committed, self-motivated, courageous, and intentional.
- We Believe….it is paramount to foster the growth of the mind, body, and spirit.
- We Believe….leadership is shared by all and collaboration is used to advocate, nurture, and sustain an effective instructional program.
- We Believe….in school-initiated family and community relationships.
- We Believe….in developing the God-given gifts, talents, and uniqueness of each individual.
- This mission statement is the heart and soul of what we do at Grace School. It is our visible investment in your child, the reason behind our methods, and the faith that propels us forward. We hope you will partner with us as we relentlessly pursue excellence.
Profile last updated: 10/02/2013
Houston Ascension Episcopal School
(Episcopal)0.1 mi | 95 students | Gr. K-6
Houston Alexander-Smith Academy
Houston River Oaks Academy
Special Education School0.9 mi | 35 students | Gr. 1-12
Houston The Tenney School
Special Program Emphasis1 mi | 61 students | Gr. 6-12
Houston West Chase Methodist School
Early Childhood / Day Cares (Methodist)1.2 mi | 28 students | Gr. NS-PK
- November 07, 2013 - I am currently a Grace School parent and educator. This school is a Houston gem! Rarely, do you find an institute where children''s hearts and minds are nurtured yet challenged with age appropriate rigor. The real world application and "out of the box" thinking that occurs here is a joy to watch. The students and faculty serve others with happy hearts. - Posted by Parent
- October 29, 2013 - My children have been at Grace School for the last 6 years. They have created a home here that would be hard to replicate. The staff is warm and caring. The parents are involved and supportive as well. - Posted by Parent
- October 29, 2013 - I have been a Grace School Board member for the past few years. The Head of School, the Heads of Primary, Lower and Middle School and teachers can be commended for their dedication to provide an exceptional educational experience to the children of Grace School. The strong Christian environment coupled with an outstanding educational curriculum, art and athletic programs provide the children with one of the best Private School experiences in Houston. - Posted by Administrator
- October 29, 2013 - Our two sons have attended Grace School from preschool forward. Our eldest is now in 4th, and our youngest in 1st. Both absolutely love their school, and look forward to going everyday. The teachers are engaging, and the atmosphere is very family oriented. Feels like a small town setting in the midst of a bustling city. Grace can''t be beat! - Posted by Parent
- October 24, 2013 - This is my fifth year teaching and my second year at Grace. My teaching experience at Grace School has been nothing but amazing! The class size is small enough so that I am able to provide support and challenge each and every one of my students. I am able to get the opportunity to truly understand each child so that I can make an impact on their learning. The administration and faculty are wonderful to work with. We all truly care about each other and the success of all of our students. I couldn''t imagine being at a better place than Grace! - Posted by Teacher
- October 24, 2013 - I have been a teacher and parent at Grace School for the last six years and I have never experienced a community as nurturing and welcoming as the one that is provided at this school. The teachers are dedicated to continued learning and strive to provide a curriculum and learning environment that is equitable, challenging, engaging, and relevant. My son has attended Grace since the age of two and throughout that time he has grown in all areas and is thriving. Seeing the positive effect that Grace has had on him is a true testimony to the amazing program and staff at this school. I would recommend Grace to anyone who is in search of a school and community that is committed to their child''s development and success. - Posted by Parent
- October 24, 2013 - I am a parent and a staff at Grace School. And I can say that this is a great school with supportive teachers, and great parent involvement and support. The campus is beautifully kept and you can see how the children and staff enjoy being there. It is a school with academic rigor, and lots of extracurricular activities needed to perform in the real world including music, art, computer class library, science lab, Spanish and Bible. As a staff I really enjoy watching the kids coming from the gym because health and fitness class is always fun and filled with music. This is a school with cultural and racial diversity found only in the best schools. It is truly an amazing place. - Posted by Parent
- October 14, 2013 - I have one daughter that graduated from Grace in 2009 (currently a freshman at OU) and a daughter that is in 5th grade. Grace has always been her school "home." The teachers have made such an impact in her spiritual and academic life. With the challenges that life brings at every turn it''s always a comfort to know that school is a safe place for her to learn and grow, but also a safe place to fall. Her teachers have gone the extra mile time and time again. Everyone truly becomes a family. - Posted by Parent
- October 14, 2013 - I love working at a school where everyone cares about each other, students and faculty are well known, and I feel like I am a member of the Grace School Family! I have been teaching at Grace School since 2008. My child is in the Early Childhood program. She is excited to wake up in the morning and be with her friends and teachers. We plan on keeping her at Grace School until the 8th grade. - Posted by Teacher
- October 10, 2013 - Grace School is the best environment for kids ! I LOVE working at Grace! - Posted by Teacher
- October 10, 2013 - I have been a teacher at Grace School for 4 years and am now a parent of the school as well. I trust the teachers here to create a positive atmosphere and also embrace the teachings of Jesus Christ in doing so. My daughter has transitioned well and asks everyday to ''go to school with mommy.'' It definitely gives me the peace of mind I need to continue with my day. - Posted by Parent
- October 10, 2013 - Grace School is an extraordinary place to work and has a high level of professionalism and teamwork that I have rarely seen in other schools and is more like a family in many ways. Grace School strives for excellence and utilizes new and innovative techniques to help students learn and succeed. Most importantly, Grace School emphasizes the teachings of Jesus Christ and helps students to build a firm foundation in their faith that will last a lifetime. I am also a parent and wouldnt'' want my child anywhere else! Grace is the place to be! - Posted by Teacher
- October 08, 2013 - Grace is a wonderful environment! This is my second year teaching at Grace. The staff is great, the parents are great, and the curriculum is age appropriate. Children are challenged with a variety of activities daily. They are able to explore things hands-on. We are not afraid to get messy! We have made play-dough and a piņata this school! We believe that children learn from their experience from the environment they are experiencing. - Posted by Teacher
- October 08, 2013 - Best-Value Private Christian School If there was a Princeton Review for primary, lower, and middle school private education, The Grace School would be ranked in the top three schools in Houston based on academic quality and cost of attendance. Truly, amidst a sea of educational options, The Grace School is a beacon to many in its academic excellence while firmly holding to its faith based heritage. My wife and I have watched our daughter blossom into her own person since attending The Grace School. Through the nurturing faculty and staff, The Grace School offers a distinctive uniqueness to each child by encouraging them to develop mentally, socially, spiritually, and physically as a whole person. We believe a Grace School education is the greatest gift we can give our daughter to help her prepare for a successful future. Bottom line: Best value for our money, Christian environment, phenomenal teachers, engaged administration, and state of the art facilities. -- Betsy and John - Posted by Parent
- October 08, 2013 - I am a preschool teacher at Grace School, and cannot explain in words how much I LOVE working here. The families are all so very nice and their children are as sweet as can be! We have Chapel every Wednesday, the kids LOVE learning about Jesus and praising him through fun songs and dances. Grace School is an excellent place for children to learn about Jesus and academics as well. - Posted by Teacher
- October 08, 2013 - It is an honor to serve at such an amazing school! Grace School is dedicated to the growth and development of the students in every area of life. I have always felt so taken care of by the community of people and I cannot imagine teaching anywhere else! - Posted by Teacher
- October 08, 2013 - Grace School has beyond met our expectations!!!!!!!! Our daughter is in her second year here and the environment is such a loving, safe and comfortable one that she has just been able to grow. She loves coming to school and is excited to see what everyday holds. The teachers and staff have made our family feel so welcome!! We love to share with friends and family all the exciting things going on in the classroom at Grace. Our daughter''s learning has excelled because of the exceptional environment provided at Grace. We are proud to be a Grace family and would recommend Grace to ANYONE!!! - Posted by Parent
- October 08, 2013 - I have been a teacher at Grace School for over 8 years in primary school. Our quality program has helped students reach new heights while caring to the whole child. We help prepare students for future success throughout their education. We also center our program around Christ to help build a strong faith-based foundation. - Posted by Teacher
- October 05, 2013 - I am a current Grace School parent and I''m extremely pleased with my child''s experience. My son is a PreK 4 student and LOVES his school!!! We took him out of the daycare he attended since he was a baby and put him here...night and day! This is our first year and we thought it would be a hard transition but not at all. The people here are so loving and 10 students compared to the 28 in his last school is amazing. His teacher knows exactly what he needs and is always attentive. Communication is wonderful as well. I couldn''t imagine him attending any other school. - Posted by Parent