The Waterford School
|School Membership(s)||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||926 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||16% (UT School Avg.: 18%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||140 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||65%|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Calculus AB||Calculus BC|
|French Language and Literature||German|
|United States History|
|Average SAT score||1841|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Formal
(MillsWear uniform supplier)
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,000|
|Tuition Notes||This is the average tuition cost K-12. The complete tuition schedule is at http://waterfordschool.org/admissions/tuition/|
|% on Financial Aid||10%|
|Admissions Director||Todd Winters|
|Admissions Associate||Vicky Manning|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||3 extracurriculars|
|Community Service||Outdoor Club|
- The Waterford School provides every student with a rich and unified educational experience that begins in pre-school and culminates fourteen years later at Commencement.
- Over the course of those many years, curiosity, a love of learning, academic abilities, and unique talents are carefully nourished until students develop into well-educated, well-rounded, and productive young adults who are prepared for college and equipped to lead happy and meaningful lives.
- The Waterford experience affects and enhances aspects of a childs life, through every stage of development. Bold, insightful teachers with impressive qualifications teach students to think clearly and critically about themselves and the world around them. Diverse subjects and a rigorous curriculum are integrated into a meaningful tapestry of knowledge. And a broad range of activities and programs, from music, theater, and dance to international travel and competitive sports, enables students to explore their interests, form lifelong friendships, and develop unique talents.
- At Waterford, these elements combine to create an environment where learning becomes an adventure rather than a chore. Where academic excellence becomes a natural byproduct of a deep passion for learning. And where academics, fine arts, sports, and social development become parts of a unified and meaningful whole.
- A message and invitation from Waterford Head of School - Nancy M. Heuston: People often ask me to describe the essence of The Waterford School. This is not an easy question - the answer is surprisingly nuanced and complex. Of course, it is simple enough to talk about our exceptional faculty, outstanding facilities and programs, and rigorous academic standards. It is certainly no secret that Waterford students consistently excel at many of the finest colleges and universities. And it is not particularly difficult to outline the benefits of our educational philosophy, which is firmly grounded in the liberal arts tradition. But the true essence of Waterford goes beyond these. It includes a unique passion for knowledge that our students and teachers bring with them to school every day. It embodies an intense curiosity and thrill of discovery that encompasses classrooms and hallways. And it embraces a commitment to excellence that motivates each Waterford parent, teacher, and student. Perhaps the only way to truly understand the essence of Waterford School is to experience it. From the moment you set foot on our campus, you will begin to sense the passion and commitment that define our school. As you observe our teachers and students, you will see the advantages of an educational philosophy that combines academic excellence with natural curiosity and a profound love of learning and knowledge. And as you watch your own children develop into complete, well educated, and purposeful adults, you will fully recognize the immeasurable value The Waterford School can offer your family. We invite you to visit the school and discover this remarkable essence for yourself. Learn how Waterford can transform and enrich your the life of your child.
Profile last updated: 05/21/2012
Related School Videos:
The Waterford School - Snapshots
2 years ago
The Waterford School - My Journey
3 years ago
The Waterford School - A Brief Introduction
3 years ago
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Help Waterford Hire Its New High School Principal - Patch.com
posted on February 4, 2013 at 06:03:56 pm
Help Waterford Hire Its New High School PrincipalPatch.comWant to have some input on what Waterford High School's next principal will be like? Well, today ...
- Waterford School to host open house - Sandyjournal
posted on January 24, 2013 at 07:06:21 am
Waterford School to host open houseSandyjournalThe Waterford School, 1480 East 9400 South, will host a Lower School Admissions Open House, Thursday, ...
- Friends of The Waterford School Raise Funds at Scholarship Dinner - DigitalJournal.com (press release)
posted on January 23, 2013 at 08:38:19 pm
Friends of The Waterford School Raise Funds at Scholarship DinnerDigitalJournal.com (press release)More than 160 Waterford School parents, friends, faculty and alumni gathered on ...
Gr. PK-12 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.5 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. PK-8 | 1.9 mi. away
Gr. K | 2.4 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 2.4 mi. away
- May 09,2013 - This is an exceptional school. I''ve had my son here since he was just 3 years old. He has learned things I could have and would have never thought to teach him at such a tender age. He is now 5, and has a "homeroom", but yet moves from class to class as though he is a "big kid". His favorite is the science lab, although he loves computer class, art class, music, dance, etc. He can read, write and complete math problems well beyond a preschool level. He will be in kindergarten next year. I believe Waterford sets itself apart because despite the fact that most students here are able to read, write and complete math problems beyond their grade level...this school realizes eventually all students, no matter what school they attend, will learn the basics; It''s all kinds of other subjects in life that need to be explored and taught. Waterford is the best school in Utah. I cannot be happier for my son.*-Posted by Parent *
- May 21,2012 - Waterford is extraordinary in so many ways. We feel so lucky that we have found the perfect place for our children. The community is diverse and welcoming, and the beautiful campus feels like a safe haven. I keep hearing stories from friends who have kids at other local schools -- they are dealing with bullying, teachers who are apathetic, kids who are apathetic and generally poor academics. We are having a completely different (and positive) experience at Waterford. My kids LOVE coming to school each day. They are taught by teachers who are exceptionally gifted and passionate about what they do. The kids who attend Waterford are hard-working and bright -- and being smart is accepted, even "cool". Most importantly, my kids love learning and are thriving. I am confident that when they graduate, they will be very well prepared for college and life.*-Posted by Parent *