|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||195 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(Dress code with some choices)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 9 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Junior Kindergarten: $4,950 Grades K-6: $8,800 Grades 7-8: $9,375 Grades 9-12: $10,100|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Strachan|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Swimming,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
- “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.”G.K. Chesterton
- We are excited about your interest in Ad Fontes Academy! We know that selecting the right school for your children is one of the most significant decisions you face as parents. From Kindergarten to High School Graduation, your children will spend nearly 20,000 hours in the classroom and in school-related activities. Your child’s K-12 school classroom and community will profoundly influence the core values and foundation skills that they bring to college and life. Choosing who will play a part in shaping their intellect, soul, and character is a weighty matter!
- At Ad Fontes, we take great care in getting to know you and your children personally, and desire to share who we are through Open Houses, visits, and lots of conversation. We trust that you will experience Ad Fontes as a school that cares deeply for your family and desires the best educational community for your children.
- Here are the most distinguishing features of an Ad Fontes education:
- Christ-centered Education – Shaping Students’ Character
- Ad Fontes believes Jesus Christ is Lord of all creation, every person, and every school subject. Thus, we are firmly committed to a thoroughly Christ-centered education in all aspects of the school. Our primary goal is to encourage each student’s maturity in their Christian walk, servant leadership skills, and moral character. This begins with a community committed to loving one another and to modeling a Christian life. Students are equipped to seek after truth, wisdom, and the purpose for which he or she is created.
- Classical Education – Engaging Students’ Minds
- Ad Fontes is an academically challenging school with a purpose: to equip our students with the ability to think for themselves. We believe a classical (or liberal arts) education best fulfills this goal. Caring, capable teachers engage and prepare students with the foundational knowledge (grammar), the tools of reasoning (logic), and the skills of persuasive writing and speaking (rhetoric). Students develop a strong work ethic and confidence as they exhibit mastery and understanding in each subject. We are dedicated to cultivating young people who are exceedingly well-prepared to excel in college and in life.
- Parent Partnership and School Community – Building Lasting Friendships
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children and are active partners in the students’ learning process. In collaboration, Ad Fontes teachers develop strong bonds with the students that go well beyond classroom learning. Students learn to love classmates of diverse ability and personality, and to care for students across the grade levels. Ad Fontes students grow up in a nurturing and challenging place where they establish lifelong values and friendships.If these goals align with those of your family, we encourage you to continue through the application process. Read through these pages carefully, explore our website www.adfontes.com, and please contact Beth Strachan, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions you may have. We pray that through this process, your family will deepen your vision and refine your goals for your children. We are excited to walk through this journey with you!
- Sincerely in Christ,
- Dean K. Luckenbaugh
Profile last updated: 02/26/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CentrevilleGrades: PK-K | 27 students
14311 Braddock Rd
Centreville, VA 20120
CliftonGrades: PK-8 | 227 students
6720b Union Mill Rd
Clifton, VA 20124
CentrevilleGrades: K-1 | 215 students
6400 Old Centreville Rd
Centreville, VA 20121
CentrevilleGrades: PK-KG | 65 students
6319 Old Centreville Rd
Centreville, VA 20121
6215 Stone Rd.
Centreville, VA 20120
Rental Market Monitor
September 20, 2015
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
September 07, 2015
Choosing the right school for your child is a major project. We look a five reasons why you might be looking at the wrong schools.
August 30, 2015
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.