Upcoming Events and News:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||216 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki bottom, Polo top - different colors allowed)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,790|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool Tuition: $15,000 - $22,895 (dependent on Preschool 3 or 4, and half or full day) K-8 Tuition: $27,790|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||John Bonhom|
|Admissions Associate||Elise Morrow-Schap|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Cross Country,
Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ballet, Cooking, Private Music Lessons, Science, Tae Kwon Do Art, Ballet, Cooking, Science, Tae Kwon Do, Private Music Lessons,
Each student at Browne Academy is an individual, with a unique complement of talents, interests, abilities and experiences.Our purpose is to nurture those individual qualities as the basis for excellence and achievement. Education at Browne emphasizes creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills with an interdisciplinary curriculum that respects multi-cultural perspectives and promotes an open-minded view of the world. Our outstanding faculty works with students and families to foster a dynamic learning experience, inside and outside the classroom, that stimulates curious minds and keeps them working.
Browne Academy’s teachers share a love of subject matter in their respective specialties and an abiding interest in children and their development. Each teacher’s goal is to make every student in a class feel capable and confident, working with each child as an individual to give them the tools for success in the next chapter of their education.
- Small class sizes. Teachers are able to provide individualized attention to each student, essential to building academic foundations while fostering individual talents.
- Emphasis on communication. In addition to the many ways in which we keep parents informed, we ask all faculty and staff to respond to any form of communication within 24 hours of receipt.
- Student leadership opportunities. We inspire students to lead at all grade levels, both in and out of the classroom, through buddy and mentor programs as well as school-wide community service initiatives.?
- Serene campus. Our all-encompassing 11 acre campus features streams, mature trees and rolling hills--the perfect backdrop for learning.
- State-of-the-art facilities. Our CAPA facility (Center for Athletics and Performing Arts), technology lab, two libraries and swimming pool provide hands-on learning opportunities for all students.
- A safe environment. Browne provides a nurturing atmosphere where all children feel safe to explore and expand their horizons, where individuals are valued and respected, and where a love of learning is central to the educational experience.
Profile last updated: 10/22/2015
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlexandriaGrades: PK-8 | 282 students
3700 Burgundy Road
Alexandria, VA 22303
AlexandriaGrades: PK-5 | 97 students
6300 Florence Ln
Alexandria, VA 22310
AlexandriaGrades: 9-12 | 785 students
201 Cambridge Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
AlexandriaGrades: 7-12 | 64 students
4913 Franconia Road
Alexandria, VA 22310
AlexandriaGrades: KG-8 | 425 students
2901 Popkins Ln
Alexandria, VA 22306