|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - 8|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Resource Specialist on staff|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||41% (VA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki bottom, Polo top - different colors allowed)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 3 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,195|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool Tuition: $17,000 - $22,895 K-8 Tuition: $26,195|
|Admissions Director||Dawn Hopke|
|Admissions Associate||Erin Mackey|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,
Softball, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Ballet, Cooking, Private Music Lessons, Science, Tae Kwon Do Art, Ballet, Cooking, Science, Tae Kwon Do, Private Music Lessons,
Experience the Browne Academy Difference: Browne Academy’s
accredited program offerings are designed for students from
preschool through grade eight. When you enroll your child at
Browne, you can be confident that your child will thrive based on a
unique combination of curriculum, instructional approach and
learning environment that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Our Curriculum:
- An academic curriculum second to none. Students learn how to learn, with strong foundations in reading, writing and mathematics that are developed from Preschool, toLower School (K-4) to Middle School (Gr. 5-8)
- Specialized learning opportunities. Students work with specialist teachers to broaden their abilities in world languages, physical education, music and the arts.
- A wide array of enrichment activities. Athletic teams/programs, electives, extended day and extra-curricular programs inevitably feature something for everyone.
- A limelight that truly goes around. All three divisions (Preschool, Lower School, Middle School) host trademark events throughout the year that puts their respective students on “center stage”.
- Individualized Instruction:
- Small class sizes. Teachers are able to provide individualized attention to each student, essential to building academic foundations while fostering individual talents.
- Emphasis on communication. In addition to the many ways in which we keep parents informed, we ask all faculty and staff to respond to any form of communication within 24 hours of receipt.
- Student leadership opportunities. We inspire students to lead at all grade levels, both in and out of the classroom, through buddy and mentor programs as well as school-wide community service initiatives.
- Our Learning Environment:
- Serene campus. Our all-encompassing 11 acre campus features streams, mature trees and rolling hills--the perfect backdrop for learning.
- State-of-the-art facilities. Our CAPA facility (Center for Athletics and Performing Arts), technology lab, two libraries and swimming pool provide hands-on learning opportunities for all students.
- A safe environment. Browne provides a nurturing atmosphere where all children feel safe to explore and expand their horizons, where individuals are valued and respected, and where a love of learning is central to the educational experience.
Profile last updated: 07/17/2013
Alexandria Montessori School Of Alexandria
Montessori School0.7 mi | 96 students | Gr. K-7
Alexandria Burgundy Farm Country Day School
Alexandria Bishop Ireton High School
(Roman Catholic)1.3 mi | 785 students | Gr. 9-12
Alexandria The Howard Gardner School
Special Program Emphasis1.7 mi | 64 students | Gr. 7-12
Alexandria St. Louis Catholic School
(Roman Catholic)1.8 mi | 397 students | Gr. K-9