|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten - 12|
|Total Students||108 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||23% (VA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||27%|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid||60%|
|Admissions Director||Dana Bender|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Lacrosse,
Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
Cheering, Cross Country,
- Chesapeake Bay Academy is the only K-12 school in Southeastern Virginia licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools to serve students with Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD) and Other Health Impairment (OHI).
- The mission of Chesapeake Bay Academy is to educate students, including those with learning and attention disorders, whose potential may only be realized through an individualized academic program and to empower students to transition successfully from the separate lower, middle and upper school divisions to the next most appropriate educational setting.
- Chesapeake Bay Academy is committed to the individual success of students of all races, creeds, ethnic origins, and socio-economic backgrounds who can benefit from the school's specialized programs.
- Chesapeake Bay Academy is committed to providing a supportive, challenging, and safe environment in which students, who demonstrate a discrepancy between academic achievement and aptitude, build self-esteem, discover their capabilities, address their educational differences, and acquire strategies for success.
- Chesapeake Bay Academy is committed to a dynamic curriculum individualized for each student by specific educational plans implemented through multi-sensory instruction, experiences with leading technologies, and close interactions with adult mentors.
- For more information, please go to www.cba-va.org, or call (757) 497-6200.
Profile last updated: 10/10/2013
Norfolk Norfolk Academy
Virginia Beach Diamond Springs KinderCare
Early Childhood / Day Cares0.9 mi | students | Gr. NS-PK
Virginia Beach Gateway Christian School
(Baptist)1.2 mi | 314 students | Gr. PK-12 1 Review
Norfolk Town & Country Day School
Norfolk Barry Robinson Center
Special Education School (Roman Catholic)1.5 mi | 52 students | Gr. 1-12