|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Military Colleges and Schools
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP: Biology, AP: English, AP: US Government, AP: US History, Honors: English, Honors: History, Honors: Math, Honors: Science,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,500|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Sarajane Trier|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Peer|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Fencing, Football, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, Weightlifting, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Color Guard, Community Service, Drama, Highland Bagpipe & Drumming, Interact Club, JROTC Raiders, Journalism, Yearbook Club Art, Color Guard, Drama, Interact Club, JROTC Raiders, Journalism, Yearbook Club, Community Service,
Highland Bagpipe & Drumming,
- “It's Your Time...to be an Everyday Hero"
- Massanutten Academy is proud to have partnered with the Heroic Imagination Project (HIP). Our cadets are taking part in this cutting-edge curriculum centered on social awareness and personal development as a part of everyday life both in and out of the classroom. MA is the first boarding school in the world to embrace this program and implement it as an on-campus culture.
- Outcomes from this experience include increased academic and social success, as well as the opportunity for involvement with community projects and outreach. Becoming a leader/mentor of the HIP principles will provide an important differentiating factor on your college applications. The project is acknowledged and endorsed by a variety of high profile institutions such as Harvard, Stanford, and Berkeley. By attending Massanutten you'll be contributing to research at these colleges, international conferences, and professional associations.
- Additionally, you'll enjoy challenging academics, JROTC classes, a wide variety of athletic programs, and the opportunity to participate in unique programs like the Highland Bagpipe and Drum band.
- We're a boarding school so we know that an education doesn't just take place in the classroom. We'll help you to create an individualized personal development plan that will focus on your future. An adult mentor will meet with you several times each week to ensure success across campus. Progress is charted and communicated home regularly.
- Come to MA and make a difference in your own life and the lives of others. Become an everyday hero.
- Please visit us online at www.militaryschool.com or by planning a trip to our historic campus in Woodstock, VA. MMA is just 90 minutes west of Washington, D.C. We are currently enrolling students the 2013-14 school year!
- For more information, please e-mail email@example.com or call 540-459-2167, ext 1.
- MA is fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). We are also a member of TABS (The Association of Baording Schools) and AMCSUS (Association of Military Colleges and Schools of the United States)
Profile last updated: 12/19/2013
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WoodstockGrades: PK-8 | 70 students
23749 Old Valley Pike
Woodstock, VA 22664
EdinburgGrades: PK-12 | 184 students
408 Stoney Creek Rd
Edinburg, VA 22824
LurayGrades: PK-12 | 109 students
Po Box 31
Luray, VA 22835
Front RoyalGrades: K-5 | 11 students
1602 Strasburg Road
Front Royal, VA 22630
Front RoyalGrades: 6-12 | 331 students
200 Academy Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630