North Branch School
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||9% (VA School Avg.: 27%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||63%|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,148|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool - $1,710 for 2 mornings a week, $3,015 for 4 mornings a week; Kindergarten and Elementary - $5,148 for 4 full days (no Wednesdays), $6,102 for 5 full days; Upper Elementary - $6,516 for 5 full days; Middle School - $6,7-5 for 5 full days -- all|
|% on Financial Aid||40%|
|Admissions Director||Charlotte Zinsser Booth|
|Admissions Associate||Cleo Keller|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||4 extracurriculars|
|Food Pantry (Middle School)||Model UN (Middle School)|
|Science Club (Elementary)||Yearbook (Middle School)|
- North Branch is a private, not-for-profit school for children ages 3 – 14 (pre-school through 8th grade) in Afton, Virginia (Nelson County). We offer academic challenge in a nurturing environment, stretching our students without stressing them and/or their families. We emphasize hands-on learning and cooperation, while giving our students a solid foundation in academics, the arts, and life skills.
- Our 11-acre campus in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains includes two classroom buildings with 15 classrooms, a large outdoor playground, a Nature Trail maintained by teachers and students, and fields and woods for students to enjoy.
- NBS currently enrolls 90 students and has a faculty/staff of 16. Students and teachers come from Augusta, Albemarle, and Nelson Counties. The faculty has very low turnover, as approximately half of the teachers and staff have worked at NBS for ten years or more, and about another quarter have worked here 5 years or more. The most recent new teachers are also NBS alumni.
- NBS is committed to keeping its tuition reasonable for all families. We offer tuition assistance in the form of tuition credit work, in which families help clean and maintain the school, organize fundraisers, and contribute in other ways that help keep our costs as low as possible.
- Everyone is honored at North Branch School!
- firstname.lastname@example.org 221 Mickens Road Afton Virginia 22920 phone (540) 456-8450
Profile last updated: 09/10/2012
Related School Videos:
North Branch School Thanksgiving Songs
1 year ago.
Facebook School Page:
Related School News:
- Tax bill for North Branch Schools next year is on decline - Chisago County Press
posted on December 20, 2012 at 03:11:52 pm
Tax bill for North Branch Schools next year is on declineChisago County PressA residential taxpayer in the North Branch School District will see their school ...
- Business as usual at North Branch Schools - Tuscola Today
posted on December 19, 2012 at 07:17:14 pm
Business as usual at North Branch SchoolsTuscola TodayAs the police and Tuscola County Prosecutor's office review threats made by students in the Cass ...
- 2012 TIES Technology Leadership honors go to North Branch Schools ... - Chisago County Press
posted on November 29, 2012 at 03:41:59 pm
2012 TIES Technology Leadership honors go to North Branch Schools ...Chisago County PressThe Technology Committee at North Branch Area Public Schools has been named ...
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. K-9 | 1.5 mi. away
Gr. 7-12 | 6 mi. away
Gr. 8-12 | 6.5 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 7.1 mi. away
Gr. PK-12 | 8.3 mi. away