- Children are to be respected as individuals who differ from each other.
- Children possess unusual sensitivity and mental powers for absorbing and learning from their environment.
- The most important years of growth are the first six years of life when unconscious learning is gradually brought to the conscious level.
Montessori Country School
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool - Kindergarten|
|Total Students||87 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom dress code||Casual|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 15 / rolling|
|Total Extracurriculars||2 extracurriculars|
|French Class once or twice a week.||Music Class twice a week.|
Tours for fall enrollment begin every January. The first
application deadline for fall enrollment is February 15th.
Applications submitted by this date will be included in the first
round of acceptance considerations. After this date,
applications are accepted and processed on a space available
basis. MCS offers a rolling enrollment through the school
year as space allows. Application process:
- Call to schedule a school tour or attend one of our open house events,
- Submit a completed application and child background form,
- Schedule a "child visit"
- Enrollment process:
- Submit a signed contract and pay required deposit,
- Complete all paperwork including required medical and immunization forms,
- Provide proof of identification for your child as required by VA state law
Profile last updated: 01/18/2012
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-K | 0 mi. away
Gr. 4-8 | 0.6 mi. away
Gr. K | 0.7 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. K-5 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-K | 1 mi. away