St Joseph School
|School Membership(s)||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Total Students||362 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (WA School Avg.: 22%)|
|Students by Grade|
|Academics and Faculty|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Finances and Admission|
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,195|
|Tuition Notes||Non-parishioner tuition is $8,041.|
|% on Financial Aid||8%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
|Admissions Director||Jackie Olund|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Total Extracurriculars||3 extracurriculars|
|Boy Scouts||Chess Club|
Our Mission St. Joseph School inspires spiritual growth and
learning about God, oneself, and others within a caring Catholic
faith community. In partnership with parents, we provide a dynamic
academic experience that empowers students to recognize and use
their God given gifts. Our Philosophy St. Joseph School is
committed to educating the whole child. Recognizing each student as
a unique individual, we prepare them spiritually, academically,
socially, and morally to be active participants in the world.
Providing an environment rooted in Catholic tradition, we cultivate
intellectual challenge, character development, and the desire to
serve in the local and global community. We seek to inspire the
heart, mind and soul of every child. Our Focus Teaching the Whole
Child We foster lifelong learners who are spiritually active and
socially responsible citizens of character.
- Our experienced teachers recognize each student as unique and honor their individual learning style
- Spirituality is developed through participation in prayer, liturgy, and the sacraments.
- Students participate in service and outreach to help make them aware of the needs and opportunities for assistance in their local and global communities.
- In addition to our state certified classroom teachers, highly qualified specialists instruct students in art, music, technology, and physical education.
- To further enrich the learning experience, enrichment courses - art, choir, band, Spanish, drama, speech, and robotics - are available to middle school students.
- Academic Excellence. Our Washington State certified teachers emphasize a core curriculum of language arts, literature, mathematics, social studies, science, and religion. Technology is integrated into all subject areas.
- Our academic excellence is reflected in our strong IOWA Test scores. We consistently rank higher than 95% of schools across the nation.
- Ours LARS Program (Language Arts, Arithmetic and Reading Support program) provides additional reading and mathematics support to our students.
- Small class sizes create the best learning environment for students.
- Class sizes range from 18 to 22 students which allows teachers to work with small groups. Instructional assistants provide additional classroom support in grades K-5.
- Supportive Community. St. Joseph offers an extraordinarily committed staff and parent community.
- Strong teacher-parent collaboration enriches the educational experience and community feeling.
- All families enrich our environment by volunteering within the community. Activities include: working in the classroom, coaching CYO sports, leading Scouts or the Chess Club, helping in parish ministries, and coordinating school events.
- We offer extended care before and after school and bus service between campuses.
Profile last updated: 01/11/2012
Gr. PK-8 | 0 mi. away
Gr. Nursery/Preschool-3 | 0.8 mi. away
Gr. 1-12 | 1.1 mi. away
Gr. Nursery School-PK | 1.8 mi. away
Gr. K | 2.1 mi. away
Gr. K-6 | 2.4 mi. away