|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten - 8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||5% (WA School Avg.: 24%)|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1 (National school avg.: 13:1)|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,551|
|Tuition Notes||Non-parishioner tuition is $8,041.|
|% on Financial Aid||8%|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$800|
|Admissions Director||Jackie Olund|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Advanced Band, Boy Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, FIRST Lego League, Girl Scouts|
Our Mission St. Joseph School inspires spiritual growth and
learning about God, oneself, and others within a caring Catholic
faith community. In partnership with parents, we provide a dynamic
academic experience that empowers students to recognize and use
their God given gifts. Our Philosophy St. Joseph School is
committed to educating the whole child. Recognizing each student as
a unique individual, we prepare them spiritually, academically,
socially, and morally to be active participants in the world.
Providing an environment rooted in Catholic tradition, we cultivate
intellectual challenge, character development, and the desire to
serve in the local and global community. We seek to inspire the
heart, mind and soul of every child. Our Focus Teaching the Whole
Child We foster lifelong learners who are spiritually active and
socially responsible citizens of character.
- Our experienced teachers recognize each student as unique and honor their individual learning style
- Spirituality is developed through participation in prayer, liturgy, and the sacraments.
- Students participate in service and outreach to help make them aware of the needs and opportunities for assistance in their local and global communities.
- In addition to our state certified classroom teachers, highly qualified specialists instruct students in art, music, technology, and physical education.
- To further enrich the learning experience, enrichment courses - art, choir, band, Spanish, drama, speech, and robotics - are available to middle school students.
- Academic Excellence. Our Washington State certified teachers emphasize a core curriculum of language arts, literature, mathematics, social studies, science, and religion. Technology is integrated into all subject areas.
- Our academic excellence is reflected in our strong IOWA Test scores. We consistently rank higher than 95% of schools across the nation.
- Ours LARS Program (Language Arts, Arithmetic and Reading Support program) provides additional reading and mathematics support to our students.
- Small class sizes create the best learning environment for students.
- Class sizes range from 18 to 22 students which allows teachers to work with small groups. Instructional assistants provide additional classroom support in grades K-5.
- Supportive Community. St. Joseph offers an extraordinarily committed staff and parent community.
- Strong teacher-parent collaboration enriches the educational experience and community feeling.
- All families enrich our environment by volunteering within the community. Activities include: working in the classroom, coaching CYO sports, leading Scouts or the Chess Club, helping in parish ministries, and coordinating school events.
- We offer extended care before and after school and bus service between campuses.
Profile last updated: 07/30/2013
Issaquah Sunnybrook Montessori
Montessori School0.8 mi | 82 students | Gr. NS-3 1 Review
Issaquah Dartmoor School
Alternative School1.1 mi | students | Gr. 1-12
Issaquah Lakeside Montessori Highlands
Montessori School2.1 mi | 111 students | Gr. K
Issaquah Cougar Mountain Academy
Special Program Emphasis2.4 mi | 81 students | Gr. PK-5 1 Review
Issaquah Issaquah Montessori School
Montessori School2.5 mi | 80 students | Gr. K
- October 24, 2013 - My wife and I personally evaluated 14 schools on King County''s Eastside ranging from Montessori to public to other private programs and even homeschool cooperatives...We are most grateful we chose St Joseph School. We continue to be most impressed by the focus of St Joe''s faculty and leaders on the joyful development of each individual child''s intelligence and maturity in knowledge of this world, in her relationship with her own heart and others in the world and knowledge of and love for the Eternal. Our daughter is thriving due to the nourishing attention of smaller class sizes and wonderful incorporation of visual and kinisthetic teaching approaches/methodologies to motivate understanding of material rather than just isolated rote memorization. I admire the gentle, very fair and consistently reassuring policies that create a positive environment. As a former dean of students, there is no other place I would ever feel as relieved to entrust my child''s mind, heart and soul than with the empathic, experienced, wise, child-centered and Christ-like teachers and leadership of this school. - From Brian Bashinski, Dad of a second grader at St. Joseph School. - Posted by Parent